Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. ok just maybe I am in a bad mood !!

ok just maybe I am in a bad mood !! Rss

Don't feel too bad, I have just had a melt down at my 6 year old over something different but it was a proper MELTDOWN. It happens to us all.
GBH
and your spelling is just atrocious!!!! smile smile smile
Oh Frankie ... your kiddies are the most delightful little ones! You are a fabulous parent and are doing a fabulous job

We all have our days/moments. And kids also have their days/moments wink

But that being said we also all have those days too when we just need a 'vent' too smile xo
How frustrating - my niece is the same, and it annoys me that the rest of the family play on it and make excuses for it. When she stayed with me, we were visiting a friend of mine and when we arrived my friend said "Hello Stacey!" and she refused to say hello back....I said "Right that's it, if you can't communicate like a normal human being and say a basic hello, you can sit in the car". So I dragged her screaming to the car and made her stay in there. Her grandmother (my mother) was horrified, but I sort of thought I had a point lol. It was like she needed to control something so chose that moment IYKWIM?

Did you ask your son what was going through his head at the time, and why he did what he did? I'm curious to know if he told you!

may (and I say MAY) have been a little snippy today ...but crap ..what Luke just did to me can is going to do nothing for my disposition !

Hubby hasnt been home in days and I am about to explode ...actually this arvo I did !!

I dont understand shyness ..I dotn get it ..naver experienced it myself but I am constantly haveing to deal with Lukes shyness ..thats ok ..I am his mum ..I can deal with it ..but that is not to say it does not get hard every now and then ....

Luke has an issue stepping outside his comfort zone ..I get that ..I make allowances for it all the time (as I should ) ...so I ease him into things gently ..I dont push and I engourage him lots ..it is tiering ...

he has been doing taekwando for weeks now and he was shy at first but the intructor is fantastic and is super gentle with him ..patient and understnading ..so this arvo when we walk in he stands there and stares at me ..wouldnt walk on the mat ..nothing ..he just stood there looking at me ..I did everything I normally do when he getts an attack of the shys ..but he wouldnt budge ..he just stood there ...so I asked him if he just wants to go home ..he said no ...I told him that he had to join in ..he wouldnt budge ..so with everyone looking I snapped and said that he had three seconds to get on the mat or we are going home ...i counted to three he still wouldnt go and so I picked him up screaming (no mean feat when you only have one hand cause you have a 14month old in the other) and put him in the car kicking and screaming at me that he wants to do it ...we had "words" in the car and he promised me he would do it ..so back in we go ..but I had to stand there on the mat beside him so as he diddnt have another mini meltdown and we would have to leave ....

so he stood there and just half assed kicked and I was getting wilder and wilder and wilder ...then cracked another little darky when I said he couldnt buy a pk of twisties afterwards ( our little treat ) ..

SO that was a lovely little display of parenting on my behalf this arvo ...I am beyond ashamed of myself sad

Dont be ashamed, we all have our moments as parents, DD is really shy aswell and me, never been shy in my life and it drives me INSANE, she does this to me at dancing, wants to go get there and bam wont do it and i dragged her out of class kicking and screaming and sat her in the hallway and told her im sick of wasting my money right as the owner walked past, i was so embarassed, couldnt believe that A, i had snapped and B, someone had witnessed it...what makes it worse is that DD still young and i KNOW i should be more patient but that particular day i had paid a heap out in lessons and for her to stand there and not move annoyed me bigtime!

How frustrating - my niece is the same, and it annoys me that the rest of the family play on it and make excuses for it. When she stayed with me, we were visiting a friend of mine and when we arrived my friend said "Hello Stacey!" and she refused to say hello back....I said "Right that's it, if you can't communicate like a normal human being and say a basic hello, you can sit in the car". So I dragged her screaming to the car and made her stay in there. Her grandmother (my mother) was horrified, but I sort of thought I had a point lol. It was like she needed to control something so chose that moment IYKWIM?

Did you ask your son what was going through his head at the time, and why he did what he did? I'm curious to know if he told you!

Did your neice know this person??? DD rarely says hello to people, thats ok with me, she will eventually come around i think that sort of thing would only make OUR situation worse (for me and DD not saying for everyone else)
even the most out going kids are shy with strangers ay.
mine will hide their faces or hide behind me the first time you meet them or be all silent but once they settle down you'll never shut them up!!
I think sometimes we either expect to much or not enough from our kids. Dd1 can be very shy, or very out going. It really depends on where we are. It's really interesting to hear what other people think of her when they meet her. Dd2 is shy, though she is getting better. It took until she was 11 months before she would go to my father and that took him picking her up and carrying her around a toy shop. A dad at playgroup pretty said "Come on you know me now we are going to play together" Then at playgroup on Tuesday after two weeks off it took her ages to warm up. She will sort of smile at people at the shops now. Then again I she was quite out going at the Huggies meet a few weeks ago.

My recent lost it moment with dd1. Spent 4 hours in ER. She was refusing to drink. A nurse had gotten some panadol into her, but the Dr needed her to keep down 50 mls of fluid or we were going the drip. It took a smack, it took threats, then she decided she wanted to go home and drunk for me. That by the way was our 6th wedding anniversary, so I was a bit pissed. Not to mention stressed at my normally over active child want to sleep.
Don't fell bad hun, Jas is the same, blood out of a stone in pubic but wont shut up at home, it is so frustrating.
She is also scared of EVERYTHING drive me in flipping sane, she talks about how my dad's dog is her friend all the time but wont get out of the car until it is tied up, it a big scary Scotty, rat X lol. Some days i feel like putting her in a room with dog and not letting her out until she is over it I WOULD NEVER DO THIS JUST SAYING IT FRUSTRATES MY THAT MUCH I THINK ABOUT IT.

it must be a little confusing for kids, in one instance we are getting cranky at them for not talking to new people who would be strangers to them, and on the other hand are teaching them about "stranger danger"

i am a shy person and i know that when someone says hi to me that i dont know i get a huge lump in my throat if i try to talk back, now that i am older i can manage a short answer but if they try to push a conversation out of me my face goes really red and my eyes start tearing up. imagine that as a young child? your thought all tight your mouth all dry and your mum yelling at u making it worse (sorry frankie not trying to make u feel bad or worse, just trying to explain it to u what its like as u said u have never been shy)

once they are older maybe explain thaat if someone says hi to u its rude not to respond, but i think making a big deal out of it and punishing them for their shyness wont help at all. (yes i know its frustrating and embarrassing and all the rest my dd is shy too but i just tell people she is shy when they get in her face and try to make her talk and she tries to melt into her stroller or hide. i have a few friends of my sisters that she doesnt see very often and she screams her head off when they talk to her cos they are really loud in your face teenagers)

Did your neice know this person??? DD rarely says hello to people, thats ok with me, she will eventually come around i think that sort of thing would only make OUR situation worse (for me and DD not saying for everyone else)

Oh yeah she had met my friend several times before! I wouldn't have pushed the point if she didn't know her at all. She was 8yrs old at the time also.

Oh yeah she had met my friend several times before! I wouldn't have pushed the point if she didn't know her at all. She was 8yrs old at the time also.

ahhh ok, I dont know why but i had a picture of a 2 year old with a stranger in my head lol!
Sign in to follow this topic