Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

introducing siblings Lock Rss

i am booked in for a c section and after the op have advised my partner i want to spend time alone with him our new baby and my 4 yr old son to let him get comfortable with the new addition , my partner has respected my choice until last week saying he dosnt want his mum to feel left out and wants her there too, because my mum will be looking after my son whilst having op.i understand his views but i have wanted this from the start and made that clear, i am due in 1 week and need to sort this out any opinions appreciated
I agree with what you are saying, but also agree that you can't excluse either Mum.

Is it possible that your partner can bring your DS with him to see the baby on his own, then the other Mum's can come at a time when your DS isn't there. Kinda like tag teaming?
Hi

I had a c section with my second bub and also wanted my daughter who was 3 at the time to be the first one to meet her sister (apart from my husband who was with me when bub was born). My MIL was looking after my eldest at home while I was having the op and afterwards DH went home and picked her up and brought her into the hospital and we three spent time together, I had a special gift from bub to her older sister and it was really nice. At a separate time both mums came into visit, not together but at different times on the same day. I think it makes the sibling feel more special that Daddy brings them to see mummy and their new sibling.

Maybe you could do that so that too?
i wanted to do the same thing when DS2 was born. it was my mum that was watching DS1 while we went for the c-section. in the end after the birth the whole experience just sort of takes over and it doesn't seem to matter much in the moment IYKWIM, i was just taken over with being happy that DS2 was finally here and didn't mind who was seeing him and when. DS1 came to the hospital with my parents, and the inlaws came as well, and my sis and her family, so everyone was sort of there at the same time. i was pretty tired from the full day i had had, and didn't mind as long as DS1 got to have a good cuddle with his new brother. DS1 was fine with it all.

Oh boy it can get complicated when there are parents and in laws and everything involved can't it!! When I had DS2 - by c/s my dad and step-mum were looking after DS1 so it was known by everyone that they would be first up to see us and to be honest everyone understood. Because I wanted Logan to be the first person up to meet his brother, my dad and step-mum brought him up as soon as we called them. After they left we then called my mum and DH's mum and told them they could come up when they were ready, so they all got to see us and the baby on the first day so they were happy with that.

It was more of a drama the first time round with us to be honest, because my MIL had been in with my SIL when both her boys were born and she assumed I would allow her to do the same thing, but once we established the boundries it was all ok both times.

Me & DH
DS - 8, DS - 5, DS - 4
DSS - 17, DSS - 12, DSD - 10

i am booked in for a c section and after the op have advised my partner i want to spend time alone with him our new baby and my 4 yr old son to let him get comfortable with the new addition , my partner has respected my choice until last week saying he dosnt want his mum to feel left out and wants her there too, because my mum will be looking after my son whilst having op.i understand his views but i have wanted this from the start and made that clear, i am due in 1 week and need to sort this out any opinions appreciated

when we had dd my sister dropped ds off at the hossy and even though mil/fil came up they went and hads coffee in the coffee shop while we had time by our selves.
when we had dd2 ds and dd1 were just getting into the car in the hossy car park when dh rand his dad to say dd2 was here. so dh went down and got them. we had no other visitors at the hossy i went home 5hrs after giving birth.

i think it is really important to have that time

i''''m baking a baby

Best wishes for a happy baby arrival next week.
I had DD then 2 1/2 and when booked in for C/s my MIL was looking after DD. Gave birth in the morning so was back in room by mid morning. Hubby went home for lunch and nap time with DD and brought them both back in afternoon at visting time. Dad & Daughters came in first then MIL came in about 2 minutes later. She politely held back just a feww moments.
We also had a gift for DD from DS that helped with the questioning look of "what is that thing?". plus we put present all wrapped up with lots of ribbon under baby bed so she had to get close to get present.
If it all works that each family member gets their time to see new baby and big brother gets special time and hugs from mum & dad too. Make sure you take time to rest as well. Lots of family are good but can be tiring on a full day.
Make the time easier for you by discussing more feelings with partner.
Be positive.

HappyAli

While i was at the hospital in labour a few weeks ago with DD2, my Mum and MIL both stayed at our house to look after DD1. When she was born they all came to the hospital and my DH went and got my DD1 off them and bought her into the room to meet her new sister and we spent about an hour together (while both Mums went off for a coffee) before we asked them to come in.
We spoke to them both about our plans beforehand and they were both fine with the fact that we wanted to spend some quality time as a family before the rest of the family came in. I did feel a little bad that they would be sitting at the hospital waiting but they had each other to chat to and didnt mind in the slightest.

We'd had a pretty traumatic experience with dd1's birth by emergency c/s and were bombarded with visitors within hours of her birth. We had absolutely no time to ourselves.

When I fell pregnant with dd2 we made it clear to everyone (especially the grandparents) that we strictly wanted privacy after the birth.....afterall it was all about me, my DH, my new baby girl and our 14 month old girl. It was NOT all about the grandparents, despite what they thought!

Thankfully everyone respected our wishes and we had a blissful 24 hours ... just the 4 of us.
Sign in to follow this topic