Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. has anyones child been diagnsed with nasal polyps?

has anyones child been diagnsed with nasal polyps? Rss

my dd (2yrs) was diagnosed with nasal polyps, severe allergies and enlarged tonsils and adnoids today sad has anyone elses child been diagnosed with any or all of these? and what was the outcome?

i was told to give her the AB for her ear infection, and medicine for the polyps and once they calm down a bit the dr will put her n a nasal spray, which she will basically need for the rest of her life, and he said he will keep an eye on them and if the spray doesnt work we might have to look at an opperation to remove all 3.

i dont want to google incase i freak myself out lol so any real life advice would be good.

I had nasal polyps, could hardly breathe through my nose. Had surgery to remove them, 1 night stay in hosp. During the op they put things bit like tampons in nose to stop the bleeding, and they come out the next morning. They do hurt coming out, but was worth the op imo. I was 20 when I had them out

my dd (2yrs) was diagnosed with nasal polyps, severe allergies and enlarged tonsils and adnoids today sad has anyone elses child been diagnosed with any or all of these? and what was the outcome?

i was told to give her the AB for her ear infection, and medicine for the polyps and once they calm down a bit the dr will put her n a nasal spray, which she will basically need for the rest of her life, and he said he will keep an eye on them and if the spray doesnt work we might have to look at an opperation to remove all 3.

i dont want to google incase i freak myself out lol so any real life advice would be good.

I had my tonsils and adnoids out when I was a teenager, the only bad thing is my parents didnt have it done sooner! Would have saved me years of almost year round tonsilitis.
As for the polyps, I have had a stomach polyp, which was removed with keyhole surgery, and have had a friend who had a nasal polyp and he also had surgery to remove it, neither of us had any probs at all. If it was a decision between having it removed and having to use nasal spray for the rest of my life, I would at least speak to the doc about having it removed.
Nothing she has now is truely serious, however, and im not sure if this is true with all polyps, but with stomach polyps, if left, can turn into cancer after years, they usually biopsy the polyp once removed to make sure it hasnt already. But Im assuming if this was the case with nasal polyps your doctor would have mentioned it? Would still ask anyway if it were me.
Dont stress too much if she ends up having surgery to remove all 3, none even require a full days stay in hospital (for adults - children may be different).
I know a fantastic ENT in the penrith area, check out her website it may have some answers:
drpara.com.au
She removed my middle boys tonsils and adenoids last year.

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

no im not stressed about her having surgery the poor little thing has so much trouble breathing and she snores as bad as her dad. i have also seen how horrible reoccuring tonsilitis is, my little sister had it pretty much her entire primary school life and mum took her to heaps of docs and they wouldnt take them out. i would rather get her in and have it done now while she wont even remember it than have her suffer for years then be scared to go in and have the op. think ill have to talk to my real GP as the one we saw yesterday was just at the medical centre.

thanks for the replies

definately check out dr para get a referral she is great with kids

I know a fantastic ENT in the penrith area, check out her website it may have some answers:
drpara.com.au
She removed my middle boys tonsils and adenoids last year.

thanks for that love smile ill mention her to my gp

her actual name is longer than para its dr su parath...... something but goes by dr para.your gp should be able to find her anyway, the practice is in derby st opp the hospital

Sign in to follow this topic