Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

70th birthday present Rss

Hi its my nan's 70th birthday on grandfinal day. We are throwing her a surpirse party and all the family is flying in for the party. Im a bit stuck for a present, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Hi its my nan's 70th birthday on grandfinal day. We are throwing her a surpirse party and all the family is flying in for the party. Im a bit stuck for a present, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

You could always give her a voucher to go and buy what she likes or take her out to lunch and then shopping and buy something she really loves. If she is into pampering herself still at 70 and what a lovely age she is, then perhaps shout her a facial or massage. What about a nice new handbag and matching purse? A night away somewhere? You could also put together a pretty box of all things beautiful that resemble her and add a family pic as well in it!? Her favourite perfume, flowers, & chocolates.
The list is endless. Good luck deciding. smile x

Thanks

You could always give her a voucher to go and buy what she likes or take her out to lunch and then shopping and buy something she really loves. If she is into pampering herself still at 70 and what a lovely age she is, then perhaps shout her a facial or massage. What about a nice new handbag and matching purse? A night away somewhere? You could also put together a pretty box of all things beautiful that resemble her and add a family pic as well in it!? Her favourite perfume, flowers, & chocolates.

Thanks heaps smile
a home made collage of photos of all her kids/grandkids and family members.
my sister did a massive one for my mums 50th with photos of my mum as a baby all the way through to her grandchild and had "a Great 50 years" or something like that along the top.
mum bawled like a baby!
For my nan's present I combined her love of cosmopolitans and shoes and got her some cocktail glasses with pictures of shoes all over them. She really loved them and we cracked them out that afternoon I gave them to her.

I love the idea of the scrapbooking album or large picture as I did that for my other Nan and she absolutely loved it as it had all the family in it.

I suppose just work out what she really enjoys and go with that.
I love the idea about the collage - it sounds like a perfect gift for a nanna. but if you wanna do something different I recommend getting a star named after her. If you go to the International Star Registry you can get it done there. It is the one present that is likely to last forever.
I like the look of these and wa seriously considering it for FIL 60th recently

They are DVDs made for the year you were born I have the link to an oline one but I am positive I saw them at Cardiology too.
http://www.giftedmemories.com.au/giftcategory.asp?display=38

Another idea is to get a heap of photos relevant to her and put them all on a usb stick to play on a digital photo frame at the party and then give it to her.

Thanks ladies, some great ideas there. I'll sit down later and see what i can come up with, i really like the collage idea.
I like the collage ideas too! A friend also makes quilts and incorporates photos, quotes, pics etc suitable for that person.
You could also get hold of the newspaper from the day of her birth - Pretty sure they come in a folder. A friend did this for her grandpas 90th.
I know my Nan loved her High Tea too.
Or what about a photo book - can be just a photo to a page, collage to a page or can add text etc. Snapfish are really quick to deliver too.
I have another idea for this gift, of course, if he likes retro gifts. Just found, some guys from Germany are making cool nixie clocks, http://nixieuhr.com
Sign in to follow this topic