Huggies Forum

How did your DH/DF propose??? Lock Rss

Nope I am not married or engaged but I AM wedding obsessed lol..

Sooooo how did your man propose??

on xmas day, which is also my birthday!

on xmas eve he said he wanted to take barney (our dog) for a walk early in the morning, so at 6am, bright and early, we were off to the dog beach (!!!!) he ran off ahead of me and called me over to look at something near a huge rock...and i found a rose shaped ring box there...with my own big rock inside it!

needless to say i said yes...then we went back home and opened xmas presents - we were living with his parents at the time, so they were the first to find out. i found out later that my mum and dad and sister already knew because DH had been round to ask my dad's permission awwwww.. grin

and the DJ at our wedding loved the dog beach bit and had a bit of a joke about it lol!!!

he was brushing my hair (ahhhhhhhh i love that) and said i had something crawling through it, which almost made me jump outta my skin, and over my left shoulder came a beautiful diamond ring.

i knew about the ring as I had tried it on and picked it out, but we placed it on layby so i didnt know it WHEN it was coming. awwwwww i love him to bits LOL

Beginning my work from home adventure

nothing romantic here.... he got up one saturday morning, turned one of my fave songs on and jumped on the bed saying wake up wake up... I cracked the * and he said if you get cranky I won't ask you to marry me. .... I woke up and said what? he said wanna get married? I said yes.... he said I think that deserves bacon and eggs for brekky please... smart ass then we went ring shopping
My partner proposed whilst on holidays. He proposed at at a homestead where my favourite book was written..was lovely and very thoughtful.

It was my 21st and he had organised for me to have my hair and nails done. He told me to dress up and be ready for 6 as he was taking me out. At six there was a beep out the front (we lived in apartments back then) and I looked out the window and there was a limo waiting for us. He organised with the limo driver to put our song on a few minutes into the ride and then he got down on one knee. Awwww.....gives me goosebumps again thinking of it smile

nothing romantic here.... he got up one saturday morning, turned one of my fave songs on and jumped on the bed saying wake up wake up... I cracked the shits and he said if you get cranky I won't ask you to marry me. .... I woke up and said what? he said wanna get married? I said yes.... he said I think that deserves bacon and eggs for brekky please... smart ass then we went ring shopping

haha Jess thats great...I can see my DP doing something like that...

I think I would probably feel a little awkward and uncomfortable if DP did some big great romantic gesture, its just not him

He proposed the night we celebrated 10 years together, cooked dinner and bought flowers and tied my ring to one of them. Nothing too fancy but sweet all the same smile
both my DH and I skydive, so we went up and did a jump together and he proposed in freefall at about 4,500 above the ground. Best jump ever. He gave me the ring once we landed.

img src="http://lbff.lilypie.com/jr5Hp8.png" width

nothing romantic here.... he got up one saturday morning, turned one of my fave songs on and jumped on the bed saying wake up wake up... I cracked the shits and he said if you get cranky I won't ask you to marry me. .... I woke up and said what? he said wanna get married? I said yes.... he said I think that deserves bacon and eggs for brekky please... smart ass then we went ring shopping

Still waiting here lol.

LOL my DP I'm sure would do something similar, if he ever does!!
On the beach at our favourite camping spot on our 2 year anniversary.

I knew it was coming though. He'd gone to so much trouble organising this trip when usually it was a spur of the moment thing to just pack up the tent and head up the beach.

On dusk I drove up to the shower block to have my shower and when I got back I realised just how much trouble he'd gone to....he had lit about 50 tea light lanterns (brown paper bag filled with sand and a tea light candle popped in) and scattered them everywhere around our campsite, on the ground and in the trees.....so amazingly beautiful.

He met me at the car with a glass of bubbles and led me down to the waters edge and by the light of a full moon asked me to be with him always, to be his best friend and grow old together.....nawwwwwww too lovely! How could I say no to that???? wub wub wub wub
My is definately not romantic haha.. My DF asked what i would like for Xmas and i said I wont accept anything but an engagement ring smile we'd talked about it for ages, and i was tired of waiting hahaha wub
Sign in to follow this topic