Huggies Forum

Swimming Lock Rss

So, have my first swimming lesson with DS2 in the morning and i'm dreading it lol!!!! Tried my bathers on today and it looks disgusting!!! I'm a bit shy and pretty self-conscious so I have a couple of tankinis and will most definitely be wearing boardies - almost tempted to wear a tshirt over the top as well!!! I'd like to blame babies, but DS3 is 11wks and I have done nothing to help my cause yet lol!!!

What do you all wear swimming?? Are you self conscious at all about what you wear?

When DS started lessons at 6 months I wore my tankini bathers, plus boardies and a baggy singlet. I was so self conscious!

That lasted until I got new bathers - I got 'fitted' at seafolly. So I got bikini bottoms that go high to suck in the gut and a top that hangs loose so it covers the bumps.

Don't stress though... everyone else will be in the same boat and tbh I don't pay attention to others.

Oh and to the mum in my swimming group that has always worn a bikini I hate you lol

.Oh and to the mum in my swimming group that has always worn a bikini I hate you lol

Must be one in every group lol!

I've always worn my bikini/tankini top with boardies, lots of mums wear a tshirt over the top too but as above, I never care or look at the other mummies so be comfortable and do what makes you happy smile
I still wear my my maternity swimmers (DS is 2 years old ) lol they are soooo comfortable. They are a tank top and chunky almost tight short bottoms.

I never even looked at the other mothers lol, I think a few may have worn rashies though

When DS started lessons at 6 months I wore my tankini bathers, plus boardies and a baggy singlet. I was so self conscious!

That lasted until I got new bathers - I got 'fitted' at seafolly. So I got bikini bottoms that go high to suck in the gut and a top that hangs loose so it covers the bumps.

Don't stress though... everyone else will be in the same boat and tbh I don't pay attention to others.

Oh and to the mum in my swimming group that has always worn a bikini I hate you lol

Oh theres always that one mum that is wearing a bikini lol. For me its one of my friends.
DS has never done swimming lessons but when i have taken him swimming i've worn a singlet and short short boardies. this was when i was my ideal weight and still was too self consious to wear a bikini because of stretch marks sad However since the start of winter i've put on 8kg *sob* and my shorts dont fit me anymore. And im pregnant so obviously cant diet to lose the weight. I have no idea what i'm going to wear this summer when we go swimming. i've actualy been thinking about it a bit lately sad
We started Simming lessons today and DD is 15 months old and I'm 21 weeks preg. My tankini top is a real strech to get over my belly and I have a muffin top over my boy leg shorts lol. I really need to get some new swimmers but I havent found any that fit yet lol. I was feeling really self concious aswell with the muffin top but then when we were in the pool the water was just over waist deep so wasnt so bad. but Grr to the women whos baby is the same age as mine and I couldnt see a bulge at all!!! I think I will need to find some new ones but next week lol
Don't stress at all. My bub is 4months old and we started swimming a few weeks ago. I just wore bikinis with a tshirt and boardies. Yes i wore the tshirt into the water and felt much better. There was another mum there who seemed to be wearing boardies with a bra and tshirt so the next week I just did that.
I've got pretty bad stretch marks and a jellybelly so am very self concious but feel quite comfortable with a tshirt and boardies on.
You'll be fine. Just wear what you feel comfortable in.
Some swim schools even encourage a baggy tshirt on the mum so that bubby as something to grab if they need to.
Good Luck and have fun!!
Yeah I am the same, I just wear a t-shirt and boardies, sometimes with togs under, sometimes just a bra and underwear. Way more comfortable then just togs! smile
I wear a black one piece by Jets, I paid an arm & a leg for it but I have been able to wear it throughout my last pregnancy & it hasn't stretched at all! I love it as it is very flattering & a little bit glam too <span class="emoticon wink">wink</span>

Here you go (clearly not me <span class="emoticon laugh">laugh</span>) mine is the same style but black

Last year when at the beach I just wore a bra and a normal singlet top.. My boobies do not appreciate being let loose so I like to have a tight fitting top to keep them looking like they belong on my chest rather than my belly.

I wear boardies too. There's no way I'm going to inflict my gut, bum and thighs to anyone except those who live with me smile

Hopefully when I'm done with all this uni crap I'll go to the gym regularly and maybe, hopefully, look ok for summer..

When I was big I would wear bathers with a tshirt and boardies.

LOL! Love the questions!

I'm big, but not super self conscious which is lucky because last term we had, 2 bikinis, 2 Dads and a Manny in my class!! I wear a tankini with suck in BIG pants that I got in the US. Too funny but it stops the jiggles!!!

I am intending to by a one piece with longer than boy leg legs to eliminate the Bikini line worries.

I don't think anyone really looks at anyone else ...too much...
I have always worn boardies over swimmers (pre-baby, a tankini & boardies) but for swimming lessons I had a one piece (my preggy swimmers) with boardies & I always wore a t-shirt - which turned out to be a good thing because there were quite a few times everyone would have gotten an eyeful without the shirt, as DS was always grabbing my front lol.
Sign in to follow this topic