Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Is $1000 to much to spend on a pram

Is $1000 to much to spend on a pram Rss

I been looking at the city select its $1000 with the second seat free..offer ends this weekend!!
This is my second child and we are not having anymore..
I need a good pram for walking as i do avon and also like to go for runs.. we only have a small boot too.. This pram fold nice and flat..
Am i crazy for spending $1000 on a pram.. blink
It is the only big ticket item we need this time around
Personally I think its too much but if u have the money and you'll get the use out of it then why not!? I know a friend who bought a top of the line phil and ted and she NEVER uses it... I just dont get it.. I hate prams tho and I have only ever put my kids in strollers from birth... I bought a Maclaren and absolutely love it, its light, compact and so easy to manouvre.

Unless it does the food shopping and cleans your house for you then i am leaning towards waaaay to much!
If you've got the money and will enjoy it, go for it! smile

I agree smile
It is alot...if your not going to have another baby I wouldnt. Id opt for a cheaper one. If you cant find the equivalent cheaper get the one you want.
It is alot but depends on your personal situation, if you have the funds then why not. I definitely wouldnt spend that much on a pram, would have a hernia if they spilt food on it smile

I agree with this too smile I've bought so many prams in the last few years (I think we've been through 8!) and if I had have just bought the perfect one to begin with I probably would have spent less overall.
Personally, we couldn't afford to spend that much on a pram but if you can afford it and think it'll fit into what you need and want... go for it. I have seen those Bugaboo prams that Hollywood celebs have and they are over 2k!

I really wanted a Phil and Ted when I was preg with our #3 and last so couldn't justify paying the $700-800 for it... so have made do with our wide double pram when we go walking... DS2 is ok to walk at the shops so use single stroller for DD.
i'd say yes.

I agree with this too smile I've bought so many prams in the last few years (I think we've been through 8!) and if I had have just bought the perfect one to begin with I probably would have spent less overall.

^^^ Same here, spent way tooo much money on prams with DD
If you use it alot and go and buy it.
Me i would never spend that much on a pram. Hubby wouldn't let me anyway.

Sign in to follow this topic