Huggies Forum

Small Business Management Rss

Basically have you done it, did it help you with your business or plans to start one?
was it difficult?

im looking at the OTEN course (tafe through correspondence) but Cengage offers something similar for a bit more money.

any feedback please?

Basically have you done it, did it help you with your business or plans to start one?
was it difficult?

im looking at the OTEN course (tafe through correspondence) but Cengage offers something similar for a bit more money.

any feedback please?

Hi,
I did this part-time at TAFE!
I wasn't starting a buisness but I was managing the salon I worked at so decided to do it!
It was quiet interesting from a legal prospective and also OHS but that was about it to be honest
It was quiet hard my Mums friend helped me through it and I ended up with a distinction however if I didn't have that help I would have been lucky to finish the course haha!
Good Luck!
x
don't do something at Cengage when you can do it through TAFE!
thanks for that smile
We have our own business and i know very little about the ins and outs or how to handle a lot of aspects of it and we have made a few mistakes along the way already so i was thinking it would come in handy but im really not keen on doing a book keeping course so i thought perhaps this would give me some knowledge at least.
im not planning on doing it through cengage. it is more expensive than TAFE and most of their courses arent actually recognised anyway. (although apparently theirs is)
yeah I think if you own a buisness it can't hurt to do it!
xxx

thanks for that smile
We have our own business and i know very little about the ins and outs or how to handle a lot of aspects of it and we have made a few mistakes along the way already so i was thinking it would come in handy but im really not keen on doing a book keeping course so i thought perhaps this would give me some knowledge at least.
im not planning on doing it through cengage. it is more expensive than TAFE and most of their courses arent actually recognised anyway. (although apparently theirs is)

What sort of business do you do? My DH and I also own a busines, I also knew very very little about running a business however the mistakes we made have made us the successful business we are now. Also the best advice I could give you is get a good accountant. They not only will help with the bookwork they will also be a valuable tool in helping with some financial advice. Pick a few out the local yellow pages and go and get a 1hr free consult with them, you will 'click' with one and you'll be laughing.
I have just started doing this course through OTEN as i am looking at starting a small business in the future.

I have completed 1 subject so far and am onto my second one now. It is definatly hard expecialy with kids and finding the time to do it, but there is a lot of support through OTEN with teachers you can call or email them and there is also an official facebook page where you can get help and advice from other students and the teachers are on there too.

I think it definatly would help with your business

If you have any specific questions just ask i will try and help

Jess 2005, Steph 2006, Chris 2008 and Olly 2009

Sign in to follow this topic