Huggies Forum

Christmas day Lock Rss

So as above, how do you work out how to split Christmas?

Last year was crazy coz we had to pick up kids and drop off kids and be everywhere in a short time frame! So we woke up, my parents came over, Dh picked up his kids up at 11, came home, they unwrapped presents (didnt even get to open them!), we went to his Dads side, his mums side for lunch, dropped of his kids and DS2 at 3.

Im thinking Ill see if i can work it so both kids go about 11 til 4 and then have the morning with them opening presents, and then the late afternoon to play and dinner with my parents.

Hi

Court orders state DH has his DD every second year for Christmas Day.

We will have her this year.

Hi

Court orders state DH has his DD every second year for Christmas Day.

We will have her this year.

So does you get his DD Christmas Eve then so she wakes up with you?

Im thinking this is what DS2's dad is hinting at- but i would be devestated to not wake up with him and have him and Ds2 open their presents together christmas morning. And I think that DS1 would miss him being here aswell.

Selfish i know, coz im sure he hates waking up without him their aswell! Last year I dropped him off at 3 and he had him til lunchtime boxing day, but their family alternate between a big family lunch and a family dinner, so this year its lunch they have, so im hoping that will work in, coz DS1's dad's does lunch every year unless they have changed it since we were together.

I split with my daughters dad when she was 2. Since then we have spent Christmas' together for her sake. It gets a little messy when new partners are introduced but I always put DD first. It allows the child to have their family with them for their Christmas. BOth of you get to have Christmas with them and I am sure can behave for just one day. We would wait for her father to arrive before we did presents and then his mum etc would have Christmas lunch with us.

Now as she is older we are more flexible and she will spend either the Christmas eve or Boxing day with him and Christmas day with me.
THis year we are going to Picton to have a family Christmas with my family, first since I was 7 so he will have a Christmas with her before we leave.

THere have definately been times I wished I never had to consider the Ex but when it comes down to it it isn't about me it's about DD.

Good Luck I know it can be hard.
When my parents divorced, my brother and I spent christmas eve/christmas morning with my dad (primary residance) til 3pm. At 3pm he would drop as at our mums place. We would then do the big christmas thing on boxing day with her because after a big lunch with Dad and his family we were never very interested in another big meal with more family.

Worked pretty good from where I was, and works great now. Mum still sees boxing day as her day so we have all of christmas day to spend with our partners family. (my dad married a german lady so they do christmas on christmas eve)

This was 20 yrs ago though, i know rules have changed alot since then

So does you get his DD Christmas Eve then so she wakes up with you?

Yes we pick her up from the airport the day after her school term finishes.

Every other year, we pick her up the day after Christmas.

smile
This will be the first one and i have NFI what to do sad

My parents spilt an both remarried so one yr my sister an I would be with my mum an step dad an his children would come out from chirstmas eve so we'd all be together then they would go home either christmas night or boxing day morning And boxing day My sister an I would go to my dad's place for boxing day an stay untill new yrs day. Then the next yr my sister an I would go to my dads an step mums an my step dads kids would be with mum. My parents we're very good with it all if my dad would plan a holiday (anytime of the yr) for him, step mum & their 2 kids dad would always ring mum an ask or tell mum my sister an I we're invited to come along an he would pay for everything.

I've already told ex DF that I'll be at home for christmas as far as I know an him an his family are welcome to come spend the day with the kids. I know they won't offer to take the kids so I don't have the worry of not seeing my children on Christmas or easter.

This will be the first one and i have NFI what to do sad

Just have to be civil with eachother (if possible) an it'll be ok!
I share my two older girls with their dad they mainly live with him. We use to try to share them on christmas day but it got all to much. So one christmas he has them the next i do. Its hard the year i dont get them untill half way thru the holidays but i talk to them. This year its my turn to have them smile
When DP were separated, one of us would have him Christmas Eve and Christmas morning, the three of us would then have lunch with my family and then whoever didn't have him in the morning would have him for the rest of the day.

Just have to be civil with eachother (if possible) an it'll be ok!

Thank you smile we are great mates but i still have no idea what we're going to do about xmas... i don't want to not spend any of it with my boys and the thought that i won't be makes me sad sad im thinking for this first year their dad may stay with us xmas eve so we can have xmas morning and lunch with my family and then he can take them for the rest of the day/evening to see his family... not sure yet!

Sign in to follow this topic