Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Can Spiders crawl back out of the vacuum cleaner

Can Spiders crawl back out of the vacuum cleaner Lock Rss

Ok, so I belive in karma and all that jazz but when it comes to spiders I don't give a toss... I'm willing to cop my fair share of bad karma to stop those little effers crawling around my house!!!

anywho

I suck them up

coz going near them freaks me out

My ex used to tease me that they would crawl out at night, with a bad attitude and a thirst for revenge, but I 'knew' it was an urban legend and just shrugged it off. So the topic came up today and I decided to research (read, google)... all I can find are guesses or contradictory answers! :-s

So I thought, where can I go where there are smart people who know stuff???

Huggies of course! grin

So here I am... pleading with you... can anyone put my mind at ease and give me a definite answer???

TIA

sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but my answer would be... probably! Spray some spray up there! we have heaps of spiders but we dont mind them!
lol, well, we have a mouse problem at the moment...grrr anyway the other day I went to use the vacco and it's a bagless and has a clear cartridge where the crap goes so I went to empty it out form last time i'd used it and there were mouse droppings in there... and no mouse inside blink so I can only assume it got back out... and continued on it's merry way after having a fun little adventure through my vacco while it was in the cupboard! So sorry not good news for you lol, if a mouse can escape, surely a spider can, but if it was sucked up into dust, lets just hope it suffocated....lol

We had a massive plague of stink beetles at work early this yr, every day we vac'ed them, and they could get out, so we had to take the whole vac out to the outside bin to empty it

I would say yes also. In my vacuum there are no valves etc to stop things coming back out. Things often fall back out if I turn it off too soon after sucking something up..I too would spray some surface spray into it to kill them or make them too drowsy to find their way out...good luck..x
Yea I'm with the others, they probably can get back out. Sorry...

Hey if it makes you feel any better, I woke up the other night coz it felt like something was crawling on me, couldn't see anything but got up to go to the loo and shook my nightie out and voila there was a little black spider on the floor! EEK! still gives me the shivers!
way to make me feel better guys lol

Now I'm scared of the vacuum cleaner argh!

I wanna go look through the clear thingy to see if they're still in the cannister (there were 2 today) but it's really freaky... argh!

I would hope they can get out It wouldnt be very nice for them to starve to death just because your scared of something or dont like It doesnt mean its life it worthless

I would hope they can get out It wouldnt be very nice for them to starve to death just because your scared of something or dont like It doesnt mean its life it worthless

Agreed, however I do belive my children's lives are worth more then theirs. One of them was in my son's bedding.

If I caught a human in my son's bedding... they would die too.

Agreed, however I do belive my children's lives are worth more then theirs. One of them was in my son's bedding.

Well said Kat. I'm with you on that one...LOL

I'm so with you. I rented a house that was so infested with while tailed spiders it was horrid. Landlord had to fumigate or I was going to the tribunal.

I am so not a spider person.

Here is where I found the white tailed ones before I hit the roof to the Landlord: crawling up my leg while sitting on my lounge, on my pillow, in my face cloth, in handtowel, on bedroom wall, on bedroom floor cos I trod on the thing, spare room, in my bath towel, in the paper roll of the toilet paper, shall I continue??? They were all adults, no babies, so was not impressed. And yes, all before I complained to the Landlord.

Spiders invade my space, they die. If they stay in their own, they survive.

Creepy things they are..........
And why is it that the "harmless" ones still look so sinister??
Sign in to follow this topic