Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Credit cards and frequent flyer points

Credit cards and frequent flyer points Lock Rss

HI Ladies

We are looking at getting a credit card with a reward program attached to it.

If you have one who is it with?
Are they worth it, how many point do you need for a plane ticket??

Thanks

we do. at the moment we have enough points to get $500 in gift cards which we will be getting for chrissy. every now and then you get a book which tells you what you could get with the points you have. we dont use it for flights as we hardly ever go anywhere, but still....so worth it.

our big thing we do at the moment is use a woolies credit card which gives us points with woolies. every 3 or so months we reach a certain limit from our grovery shopping and they send out a $50 gift card to use with our next shop. love it.

our big thing we do at the moment is use a woolies credit card which gives us points with woolies. every 3 or so months we reach a certain limit from our grovery shopping and they send out a $50 gift card to use with our next shop. love it.

Thanks for the reply
one of the cards I'm looking at is a woolies one, the gift card they send you is that separate to your points (like they reward you for shopping there) or do they take that off your points?

Thanks for the reply
one of the cards I'm looking at is a woolies one, the gift card they send you is that separate to your points (like they reward you for shopping there) or do they take that off your points?

hi, sorry for the late reply.

the gift card wipes away the points. they dont provide all the other things that other cards do, just the gift cards.

HI Ladies

We are looking at getting a credit card with a reward program attached to it.

If you have one who is it with?
Are they worth it, how many point do you need for a plane ticket??

Thanks

We have one with ANZ but they are not worth it to get plane tickets, you would need to spend thousands and then you are still up for an additional payment for taxes along with annual card fees.

Over the course of 12 months we accrue enough points for a $120 gift voucher which covers the cost of the annual fees (around $80 for 2 cards). We have the credit card for convenience, paying bills online, booking tickets, accommodation, flights but its definitely not worth having one for the "reward" programs.

If you want flights you are far better off booking them when airlines are having specials, sometimes you can get a flight for what the taxes on a reward booking cost (not to mention the thousands you need to spend to accrue enough points).

I've heard Fly Buys is the worst program but none are really worth it for the "rewards". If you are after a credit card I'd be looking for one with the best interest rate and interest free period.. plus one that is accepted everywhere and you need to be able to pay it off every month.
I have nab card linked with fly buys it takes forever to get flights but I use it to get other rewards eg shopping vouchers etc

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Sign in to follow this topic