Huggies Forum

7 seater car Lock Rss

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has a 7 seater car but not a van, ie: ford territory, hyundai santa fe??

Can you pus childrens seats in the back part, i guess it would be classed as the 3rd row?

Thanks
My patrol has an ancor point in the 3rd row...... have never used it though!!! But when I was having DD2 Nissan did tell me to put one of the car seats in the 3rd row
was told not to put child seats in 3rd row as seats are not designed for them AND they do not have the anchor points that the 2nd row has.

my seats are the fold down flat into the floor type, check with manufacturer....
so was just thinking if you had 4 children under 7 (they have to be in booster seats until 7 in VIC) the only option for a car would be to get a van?

Hmmm....

Thanks for your replies ladies smile

Now I gotta work on hubby to let me get a bigger car, but was just thinking ahead and how many more children may come along!
DH has a territory and I have a kluger and neither have anchor points in the 3rd row.
It would be difficult to put a child in there too leaning over. My bigger kids sit in there as they don't need help putting seat belts on anymore.

DS#2 is in a booster but it doesn't need an anchor point. DS#3 is in the 2nd row as his does.

Provided there are anchor points there it shouldnt be a problem. I have a holden Zafira and the third row doesnt have anchor points but the entire middle row has one for each seat. If you are unsure you could always contact kidsafe and ask them.

We have a subaru tribeca and my son sits in the 3rd row in a maxi rider. The middle row only has 2 anchor points (doesn't have one in the middle ). It is a pain to get him in and out , but he can strap himself in now...he is in a H-harness but.

mummy of two

ohhh i like the subaru tribeca and my hubby is a subaru fan (currently drives a liberty) so mite have to check it out, do you anchor the maxi rider in?

ohhh i like the subaru tribeca and my hubby is a subaru fan (currently drives a liberty) so mite have to check it out, do you anchor the maxi rider in?

We didn't get the Tribeca even though we have 3 other Subarus and are massive fans, because it isn't made in Japan - it's american and doesn't rate the same, unfortunately.

We are going to a Prado as the Kluger interior is SOOOOOOO ugly.
Yeap the maxi rider gets anchored to the boot floor. You won't be able to fit a 4th car seat in the boot cos it would be too hard to get the seat belts done up. We only buy subaru cars too, and this was the biggest car they make so that had to be it

mummy of two

We recently bought a mitsubishi grandis, and it has the 2 anchor points in the 3rd row seating, and 3 in the middle row.
I have my 2 year old on the 3rd row seats and it is quite easy to put him in, i just put him in the seat behind the one that moves.

Larissa Charlotte Brayden

We recently bought a mitsubishi grandis, and it has the 2 anchor points in the 3rd row seating, and 3 in the middle row.
I have my 2 year old on the 3rd row seats and it is quite easy to put him in, i just put him in the seat behind the one that moves.

LOL I was just signing in to say exactly this.

Even Tarago has no anchor points in the 3rd row, you need to have a special bar installed in your car to be able to have an anchor point (by a professional obviously). Maybe the newer iMax or even Chrysler Voyager, if you are after large cars - they look like tanks though, I don't think they'd be nice to park and imagine they'd be thirsty!
Sign in to follow this topic