Huggies Forum

OMG I just about killed myself Lock Rss

Well I started counting cals and upped the exercise starting Monday last week, mainly pushing the pram up and down nasty hills, and after winning tix yesterday and perhaps being on tv in a month I decided it's time to take it to the next level. So I pushed the pram down to the footy oval, planning to oh-so-energetically run up and down the steps of the grandstand.

Well I made it up and down 12 times. I didn't even last 10 minutes. And to put icing on the cake, there was a whole heap of workers at the pool next door all working on the roof, so they witnessed my collapse at the bottom of the steps. I tried to save some of my dignity and pretended that my phone was ringing. But they all knew I was piking.

Then the worst part was that I had to push the pram back home.....all uphill. Crap. My face looks like I'm about to have an aneurysm and you could see it from the moon, it's so red. A school bus full of high school kids all laughed at me. WHY isn't there a gym here so I can go in, slog it out then slink out to the car before turning to jelly.

It will all be worth it.

What kind of exercise do you do when you don't have access to a gym? The pool opens next week so I'll add swimming to my routine, but I'm getting a bit bored walking. Any suggestions?? I'm not a pretty exerciser either, it's all huff and puff and unco-ness and redness lol. So things I can do at home would be good smile
ahah oh god you poor thing :|

Um do you have any stairs? I usually walk up and down the stairs for about half an hour lol

and this may sound weird but I use DD as weights LOL. For her it is a game and she loves it..for me its good on the arm muscles tongue

Oh and also like standing up near the kitcken bench and doing pushups. It sounds abit weird lol but you just push into the bench like your trying to push a huge box..So yeah it's pushups..standing up :S..If that makes sense lol

ahah oh god you poor thing :|

Um do you have any stairs? I usually walk up and down the stairs for about half an hour lol

and this may sound weird but I use DD as weights LOL. For her it is a game and she loves it..for me its good on the arm muscles tongue

Oh and also like standing up near the kitcken bench and doing pushups. It sounds abit weird lol but you just push into the bench like your trying to push a huge box..So yeah it's pushups..standing up :S..If that makes sense lol

Cool, yes that makes sense...I have flabby bits under my arms (thank you Mother) so those will definitely help! I have steps but they are way too steep for running up and down. I was thinking I might buy myself a little baby tramp and try that with a skipping rope, wdyt?? Except it will be a fight with DD as to who gets to jump lol.

Cool, yes that makes sense...I have flabby bits under my arms (thank you Mother) so those will definitely help! I have steps but they are way too steep for running up and down. I was thinking I might buy myself a little baby tramp and try that with a skipping rope, wdyt?? Except it will be a fight with DD as to who gets to jump lol.

hahaha hey just turn excersice into a game it always makes it so much better grin So definately try the skipping

also..hula hooping is supposed to be the new great exercise regime. I haven't tried it yet myself but have been meaning too grin

hahaha hey just turn excersice into a game it always makes it so much better grin So definately try the skipping

also..hula hooping is supposed to be the new great exercise regime. I haven't tried it yet myself but have been meaning too grin

You know I have hula on the Wii, I am a CHAMP at that, I completely forgot about it! Right then, I'm off to do some hula, my heart rate is almost back to normal now lmao.
Gosh you are making me feel guilty....ive dont nothing for over a week !

Good effort smile
If your arms are flabbly underneath you need to do trisep push up, tricep dips or hold something heavy over the back of your head and lift it up and down - keep yuor elbows in close to your head, make sense? lol. Same with tricep push ups and dips your arms need to stay in close.
Next time you take the kids to the park use the stiff there!!

Lunges on the step (back foot up on the step)
Push ups
Big steps up and down the steps or quick runs up and down on the bottom step.
Squats while pushing the swing.. so every time you push and bub goes out, do a squat and be back up standing ready to push again next time.
Pull ups on the monkey bars (or at least try)

at home you could always get 2 used clean milk bottles, fill with sand and use them as weights as you do lunges or squats, bicep curls, tricep kickbacks, chest press, over head press, lateral flys...anything realy!

Do you have a back yard? Can you do laps of it? Racing the kids?
Do you have a pushbike you can go for a ride at night when DH is home and kids are in bed?

what about a few exercise dvds?
Sign in to follow this topic