Huggies Forum

Salvos etc Lock Rss

Hi just wondering if i asked salvo.s or simular to pay my elec bill does it go on my record or anythin in ta future just finding it a little hard atm thanks

MUM TO RJ 28 10 03 & EJ 23 07 06

Hi just wondering if i asked salvo.s or simular to pay my elec bill does it go on my record or anythin in ta future just finding it a little hard atm thanks

no i dont think so
no it doesnt, they give out vouchers to you to take to the post office to pay off your bill, they do record your name as you are only allowed a certain amount of these vouchers, but it doesnt get recorded on anything that will effect you financially
Do all salvo's do this? I had no idea about this sort of thing.. does anyone know how you go about doing so.. Im finding it really hard to pay off my massive bill atm also - not to mention buying baby stuff (with only 10 weeks to go).... Thanks

Do all salvo's do this? I had no idea about this sort of thing.. does anyone know how you go about doing so.. Im finding it really hard to pay off my massive bill atm also - not to mention buying baby stuff (with only 10 weeks to go).... Thanks

I did it through Vinnies, but if you ring the local charities they will be able to tell you who does it. They gave us $120 to go toward our bill. Every group organises how they distribute the vouchers themselves, so its all different. Just call and they can help, also talk to the power company, they may be able to help you work out a payment plan to help out
Yes I will certainly look into that. I honestly never thought about it... Our bill has gone up a ridiculous amount (like most peoples im sure). Its over $1500 - we live in a small 2 bedroom unit where neither of us are ever home... I just dont understand it at all.. We are paying around $270 f/n but thats alot of money for us at the moment... sorry I just need to vent I think...
bianca get that bill contested thats rediculous.......

i have had to get these myself last year when dh lost his job, mine was organised by the ladies at the neighborhood center and they were the loveliest ladies to boot

i was paying our 1200 power bill off but as dh was subcontracting at the time but noone was paying him, i got home from oplay group one day to find that they'd disconnected my power at that point we had nothing no money nothing, ergon wouldn't reconnect the power until i came up with 800 dollars so after a talk with the ladies they'd not only helped me reconnect the power but also a way to reduce it, they also have helped us out with paying a weeks rent and also they gave us a food voucher

so as intimidation as it may seem to see how you go with them but at the end of the day they cant leave a young family without power

i hope this makes sense
regards kel

I'd definitely be contesting that bill.....I've got 6 of us here in the family and am forever running around behind everyone turning things off and our bill is nowhere near that much!!

Depending on what energy provider you are with, depends on what help they can give you in regards to payment plans etc. Origin have what they call the Power On program which basically averages out your weekly power use from previous bills and then that's what you pay each week eg they work out your usage as $60/week and that's what you pay, and every 3rd payment Origin matches and puts towards any arrears so they help you get the arrears paid off (if you have any). There is also a Government grant that pays a big energy bill (electricity or gas) once a year but I'm not sure if that's available in every state.....it's definitely available in QLD and it's called the Queensland Home Energy Emergency Assistance scheme, so it might pay to enquire if there's anything like that available if you are in another state.

HeartKids show courage, strength & tenacity

Sign in to follow this topic