Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Dinner help... Lock Rss

I've got left over mash potato for the kids dinner and chicken thigh that needs to be cooked. Any ideas on what to do with the chicken so that it goes with the mash?

I have a really easy and yummo marindae if you want, i put it with mash.....

Sweet maple Chicken....

5 tbsp maple syrup...
1tbsp caster sugar...
grated rind and juice of 1/2 an orange (If i don't have fresh oranges I just pop a squirt of lemon juice in or a tiny bit of OJ just to flavour it)
2tbsp tomato sauce....
2tsp worstershire sauce...

just mix ingredients in a glass bowl, pop a few cuts inn the chicken and pop in the marinade, cover and chill.... I then just oven bake them... I kind of roll them up and pop them on a tray or last time I threw the whole lot marinade and all in an oven bag.....
If you bake on a tray I brush some extra marinade on them part way through
Jess that sounds so yum!

I usually put soy sauce, honey, a little olive oil, ginger, garlic and coriander together and pop in the oven for 40 minutes
My sister does them in a little butter with salt & cracked pepper until golden & crispy on both sides.

Really delicious.

I do them sometimes with lemon, crushed garlic & parsley then cooked on the BBQ or in a fry pan with just a hint of oil.
You could make a Brie, Rosemary & Sundried Tomato stuffing to make mini-roasts?

My kids love poached chicken, easy as anything to do and the chook comes out tasting great.

Otherwise, just season with whatever (cajun, salt and pepper, whatever you want) and fry in a hot pan to blacken the outside, put chicken aside, stir some cooking cream or sour cream through the sauce with a bit of water, reduce it, chuck the chook back in and YUM. Senbloodysational.
This is quick and simple and really yummy!!

Dice up your chook and brown. Pour in your fave pasta sauce ( like like a romana or any other type of tomato based cheesy one). Bring to the boil then simmer for a few minutes to ensure the chicken is cooked. Lastley add 2 Tbs of sour cream and heat through. Serve with mash and steamed veg. YUM!!! Real comfort food!! cool
Lennon that sounds yummy, will be trying that one myself!!

To the OP another my kids love is cut into strips dip in a egg/milk mix and coat in corn flake crumbs... I like to crush my corn flakes with a rolling pin as I like them coarse as opposed to the food processor... and then shallow fry
Sign in to follow this topic