Huggies Forum

cant agree on babie's name Lock Rss

Hi everyone,

I'm currently 40+3 pregnant and still dont have a name settled for this baby.
I'm having a boy and my ex and I can't decide on a name that we both like. We didn't have this problem with our daughter but its seems to be even harder because we are not together.

Part of me says to just name the baby what I want (Benjamin-he doesnt like it) and not worry what he thinks because he doesn't do a hell of a lot or see our DD for more than 2.5 hours at a time and doesnt do much for her when he does see her so I kind of think that I'm the one doing everything for both kids and that I should just be happy with what i choose.

On the other hand I think that it's the babie's name that he will have for ever and that ex-df is still his dad so should have a say too but I really don't like any names he comes up with.

I don't know if we'll be able to come to an agreement and I feel that if I don't get my own way I wont be happy (which when thinking logically I know its unfair and childish of me).

Has anyone been in this kind of situation before?
Sorry if it doesn't make much sense and thank you for your help or any advice.

I TOLD DD's dad what we were calling DD tongue but he had given me no suggestions and I think he liked it anyway. And he chose her middle name which I was more than willing to include.

Just remember if you name him without his approval he still needs to sign off on it on the birth certificate. Can you both right lists and swap and see if there is anything you agree on??

Thanks for your replies.

He will sign off on whatever I want but I still wanna keep the peace iykwim?
I want to give the baby his fathers middle name (gregory) as its his first grandson out of 7 grandkids and the babies dad and 2 brothers have gregory for a middle name too so its something special and hes happy with that he just doesnt like benjamin for a first name.

We've written lists and had only 1 name that we agreed on then i didnt like the sound of it lol and changed my mind.
I think at the end of the day I'll get my way. I'll just leave it til bubs is born then when ex-df is overcome with emotion he'll agree to it lol
Thanks again

Can you come to a comprimse where you pick the first name and he picks the middle name??

I cant imagine how hard it is in your situation as DH and I had enough trouble coming to an agreement on a name for number 2 and we dont have the tension as I can only imagine you and your ex would. I'm sure once you see him you will know the name that will suit him

Good Luck on coming up with a name and your up coming labour!!

Can you come to a comprimse where you pick the first name and he picks the middle name??

I cant imagine how hard it is in your situation as DH and I had enough trouble coming to an agreement on a name for number 2 and we dont have the tension as I can only imagine you and your ex would. I'm sure once you see him you will know the name that will suit him

Good Luck on coming up with a name and your up coming labour!!

Thanks for the luck for labour just wish it would start now lol!
We've agreed on the middle name as its ex's dad's name and ex's middle name but yeah its just the first name but I am beginning to think he can just suck it up lol.
Like pp said and my sister has said many times I'm the one that does everything for them that I may just put my foot down

Thanks again

Thanks for the luck for labour just wish it would start now lol!
We've agreed on the middle name as its ex's dad's name and ex's middle name but yeah its just the first name but I am beginning to think he can just suck it up lol.
Like pp said and my sister has said many times I'm the one that does everything for them that I may just put my foot down

Thanks again

Just curious. (totally off the name topic) Is your ex going to come in for the labor? My DH and i are currently separated and I think that I would still want him to be there. Just wondering what u have decided. I am not sure on your circumstance or anything. U don't have to answer if you don't want to smile

Just curious. (totally off the name topic) Is your ex going to come in for the labor? My DH and i are currently separated and I think that I would still want him to be there. Just wondering what u have decided. I am not sure on your circumstance or anything. U don't have to answer if you don't want to smile

Funny you should ask this as this morning I really don't know and have spent the morning upset and stressed out over it.
I believe it is something that given the choice no father should miss out on so he will be there. But thats only if he has enough petrol. He's always running outta fuel and is now saying he cant come see DD because he wont have enough fuel and that he's not sure about what will hapen when I go into labour. Im just so angry and upset i actually came on here to vent.
But in answer to your question yes the plan is that he will be there.I dont mind answering questions

Im in the same situation. Ive told the father he has no say in the name. I dont want a name he hates but if its one I love too bad. He is also not coming in when Im in labour. I dont need the extra stress.
Sign in to follow this topic