Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

When's a good time Lock Rss

As the title suggests...

I've put a whole stack of baby stuff on lay by, clothes, blankets, steriliser, monitor, mobile blah blah blah the list goes on, but just wondering when is a good time to put a few bulk boxes of nappies on lay by as well as wipes? Will they still be ok to use in 17wks time when I'm due?

Thanks grin
i would say lay by nappies when they are on special in the months leading up to the birth.

eìí? well ... it started with a kiss eìí?-3-064

I dont see why they wouldnt be ok...they dont expire do they blink lol correct me if im wrong.

I've already bought one box of huggies newborn nappies, i got them when they were on special and also had a discount voucher tht expired next month which i why ive bought them so early. I'm not due till may. I'm only buying the one box though cos DS was a big bubba (9lb 3oz) and grew outta newborn size super quick, i had sooo many leftover last time.

I dont see why they wouldnt be ok...they dont expire do they blink lol correct me if im wrong.

I've already bought one box of huggies newborn nappies, i got them when they were on special and also had a discount voucher tht expired next month which i why ive bought them so early. I'm not due till may. I'm only buying the one box though cos DS was a big bubba (9lb 3oz) and grew outta newborn size super quick, i had sooo many leftover last time.

Lol no I didn't think they expired eitehr grin Just not sure coz with my first i got EVERYTHING at the baby shower!! I didn't have to buy one single thing for months haha I think I used 3 or 4 boxes of newborn nappies for her, so will probably stock up on a few boxes for this one in the hope he won't be giant!!
you can always buy the next size nappy up as well... we haven't had to buy nappiesw for 12 weeks huge savings and nice to know you just go to the cupboard and they are there.
I layby boxes if they're on special and stockpile them up. I decided I had enough when I realised I had 9 boxes of crawler nappies sitting in his cupboard back in about August/September smile.

If you need to change sizing after you've bought them most stores are happy to swap unopened boxes for the next size up (pretty sure Big W you need to have the big W sticker on them to swap but I've swapped at Big W and Coles before, I just blame DH for buying the wrong size when I go in to swap them smile)

Leisa.
Like the others have said, layby them when they are on special, I have already got 2 boxes of newborn and 2 boxes of crawler and im not due till April.

Layby or buy straight away when on special, $30 a box is usually the best you can get. I stock up and yes, Coles are great at swapping to a bigger size (as the other post said blame DH!!!) and my nearly 2yr old DD is currently wearing nappies from older sister as I bought too many 3 years ago.....they are fine!
i have got nappies i had left over from DS1 that i recently used for DS2 and they were fine, they don't have an expiry date or anything so you can get them whenever you see them on special. i am sure wipes would be the same.

We waited untill the was a sale on the nappies and bought 2 boxes outright smile 102 in each box $30 bargin i think grin we also bought a box of wipes... it had 12 packets in a big box for $20 i think so i definantly think bulk buying is great grin although i guess whith nappies its hard to say how fast bubba will grow.. so thats why we only got 2 smile
We only bought this stuff about 2 weeks ago, but we did aske around the stores earlier in my pregnancy when the baby sales were coming out so we knew when to buy grin
Definitely while they are on special! I was very lucky that both Big W and Target had baby sales just before I got my tax back, I went and put a heap of stuff on laybuy and then just paid it off when I got my return. I don't think we really paid 'full price' for much at all.

My friend always laybuys heaps of boxes of nappies (all under separate laybuys so she can get a few off at at time)while they are on special and just gets them from laybuy as she needs them.

But do be careful not to over buy, I've been told just to get 2 boxes of newborn for now and see how I go, if I don't use them I have a few friends due in the early new year so they can have them.

good luck

Love Kyz
Sign in to follow this topic