Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Does it make me a bad mummy? Lock Rss

If I just want a time out???

I just want to chillax for a minute and read a book or something but there is always something to do....ALWAYS!!

Silly really considering I only have one baby and he isn't even mobile yet....*sigh*...

this mummy business is hard work!!!

no it means you are a good one realising you need time out get someone to take him for a walk just after he has had a feed then you know he is out of the house.... my husband helps me get the kids to bed then takes the baby for a walk most nights to give me a break... and my big one goes to school and my 3year old preschool 4 mornings a week....
not at all!!

im a first timer too and man you're right.....its hard hard work. and my partner is away 16 hours a day 5 days a week so im pretty much on my own during that time.

my 'time out' is taking DS for a walk in the pram. he's asleep and not making a sound and walking is really calming...i can just let everything go (except the pram lol)

mummies need breaks too.....dont worry you'll only have to wait another 18 years hahaha
Honestly hun it gets easier as they get older! They learn to amuse themselves so you can actually leave their sight without them screaming the house down!
I agree it definately does get easier.
But as a mum you definately still need to find that small amount of time for yourself to chill out. I sometimes lock myself in the toilet and hide for 5 minutes hehehe

Kris, QLD, Amber 2, Keira 1

Mummy time is essential to my sanity. I go out twice a week in the evening to play free poker. DH takes them outside every evening while he waters the garden.

It does get easier as they get older... i say that and DD2 has just come up 2 me with a mouthful of chalk! DH took DD1 to his Dr apt.

Everyone needs time out. We just used to do it at home when we'd get home from work!
I sooo didn't realise how much work new babies are too. I'm so glad my MIL wants to babysit. My DP and I get the night off together tomorrow yay while little Niki goes to nanna's house for a sleep over smile
If you think you're a bad mummy, then jesus... Someone should call DOCS on me lol tongue

Honestly, you NEED to make time for yourself. When DS was smaller, i would NEVER do anything for myself.. My days were filled with entertaining him, feeding him, and once he was asleep, the house needed attending too.... ANd one day i got in my car to go to the shops, and the thought of never coming home, was constantly in my head... So from that day forward... I MAKE time for myself. I go out shopping on my own, and leave DS with DF, i go out with the girls every now and then... Things like that, have made a huge difference.
It makes you a great mummy.

Take some time out and you'll come back to it refreshed and ready to go.

Fiona.
if it does then I am THE worst mummy in the world cos I want a full blown holiday from my kids!! laugh

If I just want a time out???

I just want to chillax for a minute and read a book or something but there is always something to do....ALWAYS!!

Silly really considering I only have one baby and he isn't even mobile yet....*sigh*...

this mummy business is hard work!!!

Hell no!!!! I am counting down the days until our child free weekend, we deserve time away and should not feel guilty about it! It doesn't mean we don't love our little people.

Being a parent is a role that is full on and full time, you are on call 24/7, it is not unreasonable to want 5 min out of that 24 hours to yourself.

Seriously, some days leave one of those jobs that you feel you should do and kick back and read a book for a bit while DS is happy or sleeping.
No it makes you a mummy. Welcome to the club smile
Sign in to follow this topic