Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Baby name on birth certificate wrong

Baby name on birth certificate wrong Lock Rss

So anyway, I've waited 5 weeks for my DD's birth cert so I can go and open a bank account for her to start saving, I even splashed out and got the fancy one too, it finally arrives and I look at the name on the birth cert and they spelt Nikita as Nikata. I thought maybe I stuffed the forms and spelt it wrong but I double checked and sure enough it's their mistake.

Has anyone else had this issue? seriously I feel like there's a bunch of idiots working in that Dept as I requested a marriage cert the other week and they spelt my middle name wrong. I would have thought that they double checked that sort of stuff as it's an important document.
That is bad. I know human error, mistakes happen, but twice to you?

Have you complained? Hope they are going to replace it without a fuss & no extra costs to you.

Frustrating to say the least.
happened to mum with my sister and I.
my name they missed out a letter and my sisters name has an I instead of the Y mum wanted.
I sent off for my daughters and there is no record of her birth!! Apparently her dad didnt have it witnessed (he did) so now have to do it again. hmmmm guess if i wanted to change her name i could lol!
With my first DD i got another persons certificate her name was Mia born on the same day diff year and with the parents names same as ours but different surnames. I just sent it back and they replaced it with the correct one.

With my first DD i got another persons certificate her name was Mia born on the same day diff year and with the parents names same as ours but different surnames. I just sent it back and they replaced it with the correct one.

I had the same thing with my birth cert they sent me mine and somebody elses. I sent it back saying wrong address but that would be bad if it was sent to someone who would use it for identity fraud.

Going to take DD's cert back tomorrow to get it fixed up. fingers crossed no drama's
This happened to me last week I waited 4 months to get DS' though so I was supper pissed off about it. I rang them an explained an they told me I had to send the birth certificate back along with a letter to explain what the problem is.
The same thing happened to me,I was also annoyed its a childs idenity papers not some un important form.
Her name is Montaya and it cam back to me Montana.I got another copy with the correct spelling and took it to Centrelonk and they worte down Montana also,so I had to go back there with the birth cert to get it changed,grrr.I suppose thats what happens when I give my child a diff name.
This happened with BOTH of my kids - both BDM and Medicare stuffed it up!! Our surname is common but has 3 common spellings so each time they assumed the most famous person spelling. GRRRRRRR!! In the case of Medicare it was the same operator 3 years appart (they can backcheck!!). I hope she got docked!!!

On another note, today I got someone elses Santa photos on the flash drive!! My boys morphed to twin girls!
When I got my twins birth certificates 7 years ago they spelt one of the surnames right but missed out a letter in the other. When I phoned them about it they said it was probably my fault and if it was then I would have to pay. It turned out to be their fault.

When I got my twins birth certificates 7 years ago they spelt one of the surnames right but missed out a letter in the other. When I phoned them about it they said it was probably my fault and if it was then I would have to pay. It turned out to be their fault.

It was funny when they spelled DS2 surname wrong on the Medicare screen as it looks the same as the card and is so obviously containing an extra letter!! It's amazing when this stuff happens.
try this...

My link

DP's granddad has always celebrated his birthday on the 13th, but it turns out he was actually born on the 14th. Noone knows if it is his birth cert that is wrong or the family's mistake. It came out the other day when we were looking up his fathers place of birth. I guess you can expect mistakes nearly 100yrs ago. Not now!!!
Sign in to follow this topic