Huggies Forum

wedding songs Lock Rss

Getting married next year, and looking at some songs for the wedding. What song did you get married to? dance to? sign the certificate to?????? and any other times you have a special song. Give me some ideas please!!!! I really not sure. Driving me bonkers lol.

I was thinking the song from Aerosmith (cant remember the name at this moment) as its not too lovey dovey. I suggested to my DF, a song from westlife and he said he would walk away if I played something like that lol
I walked in to 'Silver Strand' by 'The Corrs' and walked out to 'Celebration' by 'Kool & the Gang' tongue

I am so happy with my choice.. as with the corrs, I walked through the doors right as the music picked up and it just went so well with everything.. just thinking about it makes me all giddy again..

My DH said the same about Westlife.. and Celine Dion.. and Mariah Carey.. he had plenty on his hit list, lucky I didn't like them either..

I walked in to 'Silver Strand' by 'The Corrs' and walked out to 'Celebration' by 'Kool & the Gang' tongue

I am so happy with my choice.. as with the corrs, I walked through the doors right as the music picked up and it just went so well with everything.. just thinking about it makes me all giddy again..

My DH said the same about Westlife.. and Celine Dion.. and Mariah Carey.. he had plenty on his hit list, lucky I didn't like them either..

Thanks, another one my DF would hate would be Guy sebastin (not sure of spelling). I should play it, good test on how committed he is lol.
The main songs we used were

"Everything" by Michael Buble
"Your Song" by Elton John

And we danced to the little song from the wedding singer "I want to grow old with you", We can't dance but knew we kinda had to, this song goes for 40sec or something. Was perfect!

Getting married next year, and looking at some songs for the wedding. What song did you get married to? dance to? sign the certificate to?????? and any other times you have a special song. Give me some ideas please!!!! I really not sure. Driving me bonkers lol.

I was thinking the song from Aerosmith (cant remember the name at this moment) as its not too lovey dovey. I suggested to my DF, a song from westlife and he said he would walk away if I played something like that lol

download and listen to a song called I believe in you by Joe. I absolutely love this song, my mum got married a few years ago and couldnt decide so i played her the song i have decided on having and she fell in love with it straight away and now i get to have the same song as my mum did, makes it even more special to me.
there are many songs that we want at our wedding, alot probably shouldn't be played (hubby to be is a metal head) but this is us and you have to go with your personalities, one song that has stuck with me and i will have is "arms of an angel" by sarah mclaughlin i bloody love that song. Also "you are my sunshine" who i have seen covered by elizabeth mitchell
We had Norah Jones - runaway with me for the signing

1st Dance - INXS never tear us apart. Then followed by The way you look tonight - Frank Sinatra, Angels by Robbie William.

Other suggestions - Cold play yellow, Alicia Keys - i aint got nothing if i aint got you

Good luck it's hard finding a song you both like that isnt too girly wink
I dont want to miss a thing, by aerosmith, we danced to that, but be aware, it does go for aaaaaaaaages!!!!
I walked down the aisle to Love the way you love me by John Michael Montgomery and bridal waltz was You had me from Hello by kenny chesney

Signed the papers to Stevie Wonder- Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours

So did I!

We got married at our engagement party. So WE played 'Going tot he chapel" to 'announce' it to everyone and get them where we wanted them to be.

I walked in to "I wanna be your everything" by Keith Urban

Signed to signed, sealed, delivered.

Danced to Amazed by Lone Star (that one was DH's choice- was definately not what i would have chosen!)

Ohhh some of these are great! Remind me to write them down for future reference smile

The one song that i love and want played at my wedding is -

White Snake - When i see you smile smile

DP sung it to me one night and the lyrics are sooooooo beautiful (to me!) heehee
These are the four songs I chose -

"At last" by Etta James
"Mad about the boy" by Dinah Washington
"This old love" by Lior
"Best Day of my life" by Dido
Sign in to follow this topic