Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. why can't pets live as long as we do?

why can't pets live as long as we do? Lock Rss

this might not be such a great Christmas for me sad
I have no idea why they dont live very long

Im sorry that your not going to have the best christmas sad
(((GBH)))
I'm not very good at the whole comforting people thing, so I'll just show you this.. IIts called Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
i know, seen that a few times before. It's lovely but I can't read it tongue

Still sucks tho sad
I just read it and balled my eyes out!!! Our little Miley didnt come home last night!!! And now im very worried!!!!! Hope she is home when i get home from work, otherwise i am going to have one heartbroken family tonight!!!
sad My poor mum has had such a hard time in the last year with her furbabies. She had a cat for 16 years who got sick last year like caught a cold and i was leaving mums one day and could hear her meowing under a bush and i knew she was dying mum rushed her to the vet but it was too late sad was like losing a family member i'd had her around since i was 6! Mum said there was no way she could get another cat after that but one day saw a pic of a british short hair and that was it she wanted another cat, she got two in the end. A boy Max and a girl Millie (different litters) anyway was at mums last week and a woman knocked on the door and my dad answered and i heard her say is that your cat on the road...mum never heard her and i just knew it was Max.
Mum tried to keep them in but Max was shocking for getting out and he was hit and killed instantly. But you know how they say everything happens for a reason well Millie came on heat like 3 months ago and mum separated the cats..well so she thought!! Millie had a kitten, one little boy who mum called MJ (max jr) so now a piece of Max lives on smile
My 2 furbabies are 100% indoor kittys so im hoping they live a long lazy life grin
Hugs our dog is sick and i know i need to make a decion but it's to hard. When i was 13 i was devasted when our cat died mum got her a few years before i was born so i grew up with her.
I feel your pain, we had to put our 9 year old dog down early tuesday morning, she has been having seizures on and off over the last 2 months and it was getting worse, the vets thinks it could have been a brain tumor, it was going to cost us $3000 dollars for a MRI scan, which we could not afford, we felt so bad. The kids are so upset, we had to do you same thing 18months ago, it is so hard.
Sorry hun. Big hugs to you & your family. sad

These times are never easy to deal with are they? More hugs.
Sign in to follow this topic