Huggies Forum

Hospitals in Melbourne Lock Rss

Hi all,

Well I have recently moved to South East Melbourne from Perth and am having trouble finding a good hospital to have my 2nd child!
I am living in the Berwick area at the moment(with friends until we find our own house), bt will most probably move to a diff suburb by the time I have baby. Most likely around Lyndhurst or Rowvill. Or somewhere close to Keysborough as thats where DF works. I had an em C/S with DD last year April so will prob not get into Casey Hospital and dnt really want to waste time trying as I only have 9 weeks left to go. Has anyone had baby in a hospital around these areas you would recommend?
Any help would be much appreciated!!!!!

TIA

Hi there!

Your best bet besides Casey is to either try Monash Medical Centre or Frankston Hospital. I had DS at Frankston and they were great!

Good luck!
I had DD1 at Monash clayton, and had DS and DD2 at Frankston. I was very happy with both hospitals. DS was an emergency C/S and Frankston were great.
It depends on what you want and where you'll be living.

Location-wise, closest to Lyndhurst would be Frankston Hospital, Keysborough would be Dandenong Hospital or Rowville would be Angliss.

I don't know anyone who's had a baby at Dandenong. I know a couple who have delivered at Frankston and had a good experience. I have friends who have had their babies at Angliss and have no complaints.

Angliss is a much smaller hospital than Dandenong or Frankston, but still has all the facilities. If I were you, I'd contact any that might be close, especially with only 9 weeks to go.
Sign in to follow this topic