Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

is this an ok gift idea ?? Lock Rss

hi all was going to make some christmas sweets and put them on a big plate for all to share with a card for ds' day care teachers to thank them and wish them a merry christmas as its his last yr there do you think its an ok idea instead of getting individual gifts?
Hi,

I'm giving a couple of her fav carers homemade ginger bread. I don't know them all and the ones I do know I adore! So I think your idea is really nice and thoughtful.
I personally prefer individual gifts, at least then they can take the treats home and enjoy them when they feel like it smile

Hi,

I'm giving a couple of her fav carers homemade ginger bread. I don't know them all and the ones I do know I adore! So I think your idea is really nice and thoughtful.

thats a great idea anita smile
I think it's a great idea. It's a thoughtful gift that takes a bit of effort. Can be a bit more affordable too.

i did this last year... made a batch of choc balls, apricot balls, white xmas and rocky road...

then got a nice tin and filled it with the items... it was for all staff as all the staff look after the kids at some stage especially in the mornings and afternoons or when others are sick.. so its nice to care for each of the staff too smile

maybe a special card for the individual teachers if you want something special for them? get the kids to draw in it or stick a photo of them inside it.

I work at a pre school and i never forget and neither does everyone else when a parent gave a card and gift that basically said

To so and so and staff

we would like to thank so and so for looking after our baby...

and a gift for the women and a packet of biscuts to share....

in fact all the careers look after the children during the day but you may not see them on drop off or pick up..... best bet is to send something for all to share for morning tea.... or do wee gifts like rum balls etc but then you have to make sure there is enough for all including the lunch lady who cleans up after your child and cooks the lunch....

i have to do this this year as i normally don't and i am on Maternity leave and i have no idea what to do........ rum balls sounds good.... just have to make sure i include the so and so
Yep, good idea!!! I'm doing a joint gift this year, there are just far too many staff to buy for (well over 20). Each room has 1 or 2 permanent staff, but lots of casuals too and at playtime/breaktime etc they're all together so the kids know and love pretty much all of them lol!!! Oh, and DS2 has been in two rooms this year. Even the cooks are favourites of my DS2 in particular. All the staff have taken the time over the years to get to know us and our boys and do a fantastic job there - we love our centre lol. While I'd love to do individual gifts or homemade gifts this year I haven't had the time or space to do so, so this year it's a hugs gift bag or lollies, chocs, candycanes, shortbread bikkies etc......

Sign in to follow this topic