Huggies Forum

So so sad :( life is too short Lock Rss

We had just found out that DHs cousins wife has bone cancer. She is only 28.

They just welcomed their first child last week too, a baby girl (no name yet). She battled breast cancer a couple of years ago but was given the all clear.

We havent seen them yet as we want to give them some space. I would like to get them a nice gift or doing something but am looking for ideas.

I just feel so gutted and sad for them.
GBH!

Lost for words. sad

I think the only thing you can do is be there for them...
Let them know that if there is anything they need you are there...

Maybe an album full of photos of the whole family?
Scrapbooked one maybe so it's that bit personalised...

Flowers...
maybe you could give her flowers in a nice vase she can use again, and again. also, i would buy more for her daughter, as having your first child is such a thrill, and she probably would rather you dote on her.

it's a tough position to be in, I hate it when i don't know what to say. Maybe just tell her, that if theres anything she needs to not hesitate in asking you.

xx
Big hugs to you xx

How about a scrapbook/album type thing with tickets to something they can do as a family (aquarium etc) and instructions to make as many memories as they can...

Kirstin, how awful for them and you guys. Maybe some keepsake kind of things for their daughter, and just offer your support. I'm not sure what else to suggest. GBH to you. Fingers crossed for a miracle.

Sheridan
Life is way to short!! I lost my mum 2 years ago to Ovarian cancer at 49. We made her a scrapbooked album of photos and letters we had written to her. She was very sick when we gave it to her, but she loved it. I dont know if that is an idea for you as you have just found out but maybe you could give her an album as a PP had said and maybe leave some blank pages so that she can add her own photos and make it a healing book?!

My thoughts and prayers go to you and your family and wishing her a speedy recovery!!
Arrange a photography session for them with new bub? Usually a freelancer will cost $120-$150 for an hour session, and you get all the photos on CD. They could go to local gardens or beach, or if she doesn't feel up to that, just in their own home or garden. Some special family photos with their new baby. If your finances stretch that far, follow it up with a nice big canvas print of their fave pic.

Arrange a photography session for them with new bub? Usually a freelancer will cost $120-$150 for an hour session, and you get all the photos on CD. They could go to local gardens or beach, or if she doesn't feel up to that, just in their own home or garden. Some special family photos with their new baby. If your finances stretch that far, follow it up with a nice big canvas print of their fave pic.

Thanks so much everyone for your suggestions and well wishes. I love this suggestion and I have a friend who is a photographer so I have just emailed her.

Thanks again xxx

Sign in to follow this topic