Huggies Forum

7 year old caught me Lock Rss

My 7 year old just caught me putting presents under the christmas tree, I think I talked myself out of it, I hope. She never goes to the toilet during the night. I'm not ready to tell her the truth about santa, she is way to young. I hope she believed me.

My 7 year old just caught me putting presents under the christmas tree, I think I talked myself out of it, I hope. She never goes to the toilet during the night. I'm not ready to tell her the truth about santa, she is way to young. I hope she believed me.

Hopefully she was still half asleep.... smile
LOL. I'm sure she'll forget. If she asks just tell her that you were helping Santa as there was so many presents that he needed a hand.

DD1 opened her door at about 4.30ish so that the sunlight would wake her up this morning (we had Christmas today as we'll be out for lunch tomorrow).

I hope my 'excuse' helps you and that you have a great day.
I got sprung by my 11 1/2yo last week and had to confess the truth.

Hope you were able to talk your way out and you get a few more years yet.
I think my 8 1/2yo is a bit unsure but I have told her that Father xmas doesn't come if you don't believe. See how long that lasts.

Merry Christmas.

Just tell her that mummy and daddy get presents for her too not just santa. Thats how I have done it so that if i get caught I can explain it lol!
bugger!!!! um maybe you could say that you tripped over them and was just straightening them up??

I quit beliving in santa when i was 8, had it sussed that he wasnt real (Santa only comes to good boys and girls - ok then why does the naughtiest kid in the class get the best presents????) but not sure who did it... mum enlightened me, but it was still fun as had to pretend so my 6yr old bro and 2 yr old sis didnt find out..

I said that I was putting out the presents from the Brother and sister, but I'm not sure if she believed me, she was asking alot of questions. I hate it when other kids tell her that santa is not true, which has happened lately, but I think if they want to believe they will.
i busted my mum and dad when i was about the same age, i peeked out my door and saw them carrying stuff up the hallway. mum did some great on the spot thinking and said that as it was raining santa was running late and had just dropped off the stuff outside and they were carrying it inside for him worked for me at the time lol

if its any consolation - when i was about 6 i figured it out because my mum has very distinctive handwriting! i didn't say anything to them, and it wasn't til i was 11 that they confessed the truth. i am also pretty sure that my middle nephew (9) knows the truth, and has for a few years, the oldest one (12) probably does too but is still milking it haha

Sign in to follow this topic