Huggies Forum

inconsistency in clothing sizes Lock Rss

anyone else find that different brands are bigger or smaller than others? i have 3 boys qiut close in age but the clthong sizes vary quit a bit.eg my 4 yr old is a big boy as is the 22 month old the 3 yr old is quite slight . yet my 4 yr old has a singlet which is size 2 that still fits my 3 yr ols still fits into some size 1 clothong yet the same clothes do not fit the youngest, i find this annoying

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

My little man is in between being in size 00 & 0.
The difference in all is amazing.
Bonds 00 strangle him esp singlets.
Some 00 pants are too short in the legs, bought him a new pair of cargo pants size 0 and they fell off him.
It's not as though you are going to strip them off anf try all there clothes before you buy them. It is quite annoying that all the companies don't make their clothes all to the one size even though their tags say different.
My daughter is long in the body, so I find I have to but bigger tops so the length is right. I find that the little girl tops always seem to be belly breezers, I don't like that. I bought her size 4 t-shirts from Kmart (even though she is only 2 yrs old) so the length was good, mind you she will probably get 2 years out of them (or one can only hope). Put I have to be careful when I buy pants/skirts that the size 3 is not to big around the middle or they fall down., and size 2's are now getting to short in the waist to crotch.
WhenI go shopping now, if my daughter is not with me I always check the stores return policy, or if she is with me I hold everything up against her. This may help or not.
I agree that it is very annoying, there should be some consistency.

Rachel, TAS (Paige 21/6/02)

its so ridicolous i have my almost 2 yr old son in a size 5 tshirt today!

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Sign in to follow this topic