Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. I'm meeting my half brother for first time ever

I'm meeting my half brother for first time ever Rss

Hey there!

I only just read this thread but I hope everything went smoothly. I'm a bit of a pro at meeting long-lost family members, I've done it 4 times now. haha!!

I met my real dad for the first and only time when I was 11, it was pretty awkward, he was married with 2 kids and my step-mum and mum were talking and discovered that when my mum conceived me, my step-mum and dad were actually engaged (my mum had no idea)! So there was an awkward silence for awhile. hahaha

My mum also adopted out 3 children before she gave birth to me and I met all of them on different occasions. 2 of my sisters actually came and lived with us at different times and I became really close with the one closest to my age. My bro hated my mum (still does) for adopting him out and so kind of was a bit nasty to me. I suppose because she kept me and left him. sad So that was a bit awkward too!

Annnyway, all that to say, I've done it a few times and survived everytime, walking away happy that I have more insight into my family. I hope it all went well and he is willing to be a part of your lives!
Thanks girls. Nothing to report yet he's not here yet. He's driving from interstate, should be here after lunch sometime. My poor mum is looking a bit green as it gets closer!

Hey there!

I only just read this thread but I hope everything went smoothly. I'm a bit of a pro at meeting long-lost family members, I've done it 4 times now. haha!!

I met my real dad for the first and only time when I was 11, it was pretty awkward, he was married with 2 kids and my step-mum and mum were talking and discovered that when my mum conceived me, my step-mum and dad were actually engaged (my mum had no idea)! So there was an awkward silence for awhile. hahaha

My mum also adopted out 3 children before she gave birth to me and I met all of them on different occasions. 2 of my sisters actually came and lived with us at different times and I became really close with the one closest to my age. My bro hated my mum (still does) for adopting him out and so kind of was a bit nasty to me. I suppose because she kept me and left him. sad So that was a bit awkward too!

Annnyway, all that to say, I've done it a few times and survived everytime, walking away happy that I have more insight into my family. I hope it all went well and he is willing to be a part of your lives!

Wow I bet your family reunions are interesting! blink laugh Arent families fun! wink

Wow! I imagine the nerves have well & truley set in. I hope you all have a great 1st meeting and it leads to many many more.
Sign in to follow this topic