Huggies Forum

I'm shaving my head Lock Rss

For the world's greatest shave in March. So is DH, but that's no big deal lol.

If anyone can donate, even 50cents will make a difference.

My Mum called today and was sad she has only just started chemo and is losing her hair already. I want to show her that woman can be beautiful without hair.

Here is the link to my page.

TIA <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span>
Good on you!!!

My mother spent last year undergoing treatment for Breast Cancer and I also shaved my hair to not only raise funds but also to support her.
I have to say that it is THE MOST amazing feeling to do so!! I can't really put into words what it's like....it's just like the most liberating feeling ever and to know that you have done it for a good cause is unreal.

Good luck to your mum and my thoughts are with you all....it's not an easy time, but she will get there with a lot of love and support, which it sounds like you are definalty giving!

Will head over to your page soon and drop you a donation.

Once again...good on you for making such a brave and wonderful decision!!

DSS 13yr, DS1 4yr, DS2 3yr

For the world's greatest shave in March. So is DH, but that's no big deal lol.

If anyone can donate, even 50cents will make a difference.

My Mum called today and was sad she has only just started chemo and is losing her hair already. I want to show her that woman can be beautiful without hair.

Here is the link to my page.

TIA <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span>

If I sponsor you will I get to see the pics after.lol
I'll definitely sponsor you smile But I must warn you that I WILL want to rub your head after it's shaved, ok!

ETA: what date does it need to be done by? Just nothing spare right now, and the floods and everything, so can you remind me in a couple of weeks??
That's a great thing you are doing. My MIL passed away just before Christmas from Leukemia. She had been having chemo for the last couple of years, but only lost her hair the last couple of months before she passed.

She was not worried about it. She was so amazing and strong!

Thank you for having the courage to do this. I will definately donate as much as i can afford.
Caity xo
My mum was diagnosed with breast cancer in december, had the lump removed, and then found out Christmas eve that she needs more intensive chemo and double radiation, and for a longer period than the dotors thought prior to operating and testing the lump and the lymph nodes, so was alot worse than we thought.

She is due to start chemo tomorrow, and when we went for the appointment she was told that she would loose her hair by the end of the second week.

This part is really upsetting for her, coz she is very private and once she starts loosing her hair its hard to hide it from people who dont already know (which is only immediate family). They came over for dinner tonight, coz is DS2's birthday tomorrow and she wont be able to see him (which is also upsetting her), and we organised that next weekend the kids would come over and we would shave her hair rather than watching it fall out- and I been thinking i will just do mine at the same time to show some support.

I think that it a wonderful thing you are doing, and that the women who go thru this are so strong, im struggling with mums diagnosis- and its not even me having to go thru any of the hard stuff.

Thankyou for the replies. I completly understand those who have no money to spare, trust me I've been there.

If you want to help, you could share the link on facebook. This is as much about raising cancer awareness as money.

There will most definately be pictures! smile
YAY for you!!! It is so rewarding, trust me! I did it a couple of years ago, and TBH i looked pretty rad with a shaved head tongue I have pics to prove it LOL

I have donated $10, as thats all i can spare at the moment, sadly sad BUT i would prefer to give a little then nothing at all smile

Hope you reach your goal amount!!! Well done to you! You rock!
Thankyou girls so much! I'm up to $100 already, and trying to get as much as possible so I can get DH's company to match the money I raise.

Love you all!

And in a side note, The Orange Pear will be launching a range of facinators for beautiful bald heads this year hopefully lol.
hi emily i think your very brave and i admire that x
i can access your link but it wont let me donate am i doing something wrong?
smile

Sorry I just clicked on the sponser me section and got a "sorry this page isn't working message".

Has been fine all morning so hopefully a temporary glitch? Will let you know when it is working again, thankyou for wanting to donate!

Okay appatrently if your browser has been sitting unused for more than an hour you have to close it and open a new one. Stupid rules!

Thanks so much to the beautiful women who have already donated, and thanks to those who have shared the link on their facebook page.

Hoping to raise a few thousand, so every single dollar helps! Have joined a team with my DH so here is the link for it <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span>
Sign in to follow this topic