Huggies Forum

What do you think of this.. Rss

A Victorian couple are taking their fight for the right to choose the sex of their next child to a government tribunal in a test case likely to divide the community.

The Herald Sun newspaper says the couple desperately want a daughter after having three sons and terminated a pregnancy when they learned the twins were both boys.

It also says the couple lost a baby girl shortly after she was born.

They've taken their case to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal after an independent panel known as the Patient Review Panel recently rejected their bid to choose the sex of their next child through IVF.

OK so i dont have a problem with them wanting to have a girl BUT what p!sses me off is that they were pregnant with twin boys and terminated the pregnancy, sorry but that is soo wrong, I just feel but for the people who cant have child and here is this couple getting rid of innocent children like they come easy... What are your thought?
That is discusting!

You should get pregnant to have a baby not to have a certain sex!

Unless there is i medical reason for this ie all the boys have a medical condition then there is no reason for them to kill innocent baby boys just because they are not the desired sex.

In my opinion smile

Kristie
I know right, my blood is still boiling after seeing this on the news this morning... grrrrrrrrrrrr.

That is discusting!

You should get pregnant to have a baby not to have a certain sex!

Unless there is i medical reason for this ie all the boys have a medical condition then there is no reason for them to kill innocent baby boys just because they are not the desired sex.

In my opinion smile

Kristie
I think it's wrong to choose the sex of your 1st, 2nd child, but after 3 boys I would probably try and choose the sex of my next bub with IVF etc, but for them to terminate their twins is disgusting! I dont think they should get the right to chose actually, If they were to chose the sex of their next bub and it ended up being a boy, they would terminate!

I know right, my blood is still boiling after seeing this on the news this morning... grrrrrrrrrrrr.

I feel sorry for the three boys they have. I bet they feel really loved.... not!

Have not long lost my baby it makes me especially angry they were allowed to terminate two perfectly healthy babies just because they were boys.
I don't see a problem with choosing the sex... the process doesn't harm any children while it's happening. However terminating twins over their sex is pretty disgusting!

They will never get it approved.... if they approve it, it sets a precedent for the rest of Australia and somehow I can't see that happening.

Sponge gloss, im so sorry for your loss and thats exactly why this couple have pissed me off really bad.

I feel sorry for the three boys they have. I bet they feel really loved.... not!

Have not long lost my baby it makes me especially angry they were allowed to terminate two perfectly healthy babies just because they were boys.

I agree - what does this do to the boys that they have?? I think it's awful sad I completely understand wanting a particular sex, but you can't just pick & choose these things & to terminate two little lives simply because they have the "wrong" parts is vile. I hope it NEVER passes sad

I'm the same...disgusting.

Fiona.
OMGosh! thats just sickening!!!

what kind of people terminate according to gender!! thats so sad..

i understand their desire to have a girl especially after loosing a little girl but that does not give them the right to sift out the boys they have!!!
as parents they should love and cherrish EVERY SINGLE baby that they are given the privlage to have!! esspecially when its TWO!!

i hope they dont get approved for this i really dont think they deserve it IMO

but then again that will just make them TTC naturally and get rid of the boys sad and whats sad about that is they babys would of had to atleast been 14-16 weeks gestation :'( when they terminated them!
i feel so angry and sad about this!

(thats some of my thougts!)

Mum of 3 girls, 1 boy, 1 angel, 1 on the way!

I saw this too.

I don't think people should have access to IVF to choose a particular sex.......... there are so many people that desperatly want a child - not a particular sex.

Poor lil bubs sad

Oh my goodness that is horrible sad

I must admit I am not a fan os sex selection personally but each to their own BUT terminating the twins is simply horrible....

You get what you get and that is the risk you take when TTC my sis has 4 girls, they tried all the 'boy' mehtods for the last 2 pregnancies, her DH would have dearly loved to have a boy (like most men I guess) but the last preg being twins was girls too and each and every one of those girls is dearly loved, they said YES they did 'try' for a boy but you always risk getting the opposite as they did and the would not change a thing

I guess too what makes my blood boil is I had to terminate a pregnancy just 2 wks ago yesterday, i had no choice in the matter and was only 6 wks along, the mere thought of killing my perfectly healthy baby still makes me sick to think about, I simply can't imagine doing it it so far along as to know what the sex was
Sign in to follow this topic