Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. For those with Solar Power Panels

For those with Solar Power Panels Lock Rss

Firstly, what system do you have? For example, how many panels and what size is your inverter?

On average, how many kilowatts of power per day does your system generate?

What energy provider are you with and what do they pay you per kilowatt?

Thanks in advance! smile

I don't have any yet...but I assume you are looking at getting some. Found out recently though that there are some panels that if they get any type of shade on them - the entire panel doesn't work and possibly any connected? Which would obviously render them useless for large parts of the day! just thought I would mention it as I hadn't heard of it and I had been looking at them for years! Might be worth checking if relevant to you.

all the best!
I have a 1.5kw system. I generate about 6 kw + a day.I use most of it during day light other than about 2kw a day. I still generate a bill of about $100 a quarter. I am really happy with my system and I plan on next quarter using more effectively. Like using less elec during sunny hours and such.

Im with Origin and they pay me .49 cents..
I am actually interested in how much these systems cost, do you have to pay for them upfront, and is any extra energy generated that you are paid for considered as income in any way? I have heard conflicting things about them, but my husband really wants them, so thought I would ask a couple of questions!

kerrie, VIC, DD 12/8/03, DD 12/10/05, DD 14/9/07, DD 4/1/10

I am actually interested in how much these systems cost, do you have to pay for them upfront, and is any extra energy generated that you are paid for considered as income in any way? I have heard conflicting things about them, but my husband really wants them, so thought I would ask a couple of questions!

I paid $2500 out of pocket for the system fully installed. It isn't considered income I was told but who knows.
Thanks for that! I have heard from some people that is is considered income, and others that it isn't, so I really have no idea! It would be great, though, for a reduction in electricity bills! Well, all bills, really!

Thanks for that! I have heard from some people that is is considered income, and others that it isn't, so I really have no idea! It would be great, though, for a reduction in electricity bills! Well, all bills, really!

for us unless we go on holiday there is no way it will generate a large income.lol

I have a 1.5kw system. I generate about 6 kw + a day.I use most of it during day light other than about 2kw a day. I still generate a bill of about $100 a quarter. I am really happy with my system and I plan on next quarter using more effectively. Like using less elec during sunny hours and such.

Im with Origin and they pay me .49 cents..

How many panels do you have on your roof?

I suspect it would be the same for us! I am currently paying around $200 per month for electricity, so I can certainly see the appeal!

Oops - double post!

ours is 1.68kw we get between 6 and 7kws a day... my power bills are usually $350+ a qtr... the last bill was $85 with the 60c rebate...

i think there is 6 panels on the roof...

Owen 26.2.04 and Hannah 17.9.07

ours is 1.68kw we get between 6 and 7kws a day... my power bills are usually $350+ a qtr... the last bill was $85 with the 60c rebate...

i think there is 6 panels on the roof...

sorry forgot to add it after rebate from gvt... it will cost us about $8000 over the next 4 to 5 yrs...

Owen 26.2.04 and Hannah 17.9.07

Sign in to follow this topic