Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. anyone got a hyundai, or toyota?

anyone got a hyundai, or toyota? Lock Rss

So my poor little car has died sad

So off to buy a newbie (so excited) and was wondering if anyone has a toyota corolla or a hyundai i30?

If you have what do you think about it??? and if anyone has gone through there finance, if you don't mind me asking what are their interest rates like? and are they any good.

Hopefully you clever mummies can help me out smile
We LOVE our Toyota Corolla!!

But we've only ever driven Toyotas as we find them sooo reliable.

I have a Hyundai i30 Turbo Diesel..
Its fantastic!!!! We have two kids (and a dog, granted the dog is still a puppy but it will be a biggg dog (labrador)...
and its JUST big enough for us (not what my husband would say though lol)

The diesel version is fantastic, great fuel consumption and lovely power - its quiet quick!!!

Very zippy and easy to run..

Ive also had a Toyota Corolla (granted it was a 1992 model lol) but it was fantastic too.. Great on parts!! However, Hyundai is such big now that parts shouldnt be an issue (havent been for me)

Madison Jade 28.08.06 & Kobyn James 20.06.08

I have a Hyundai Tuscon and I LOVE it!!! it's an 09 but it's only a year old. I think the i30 is simlar but just not as big, lots a great features at not extra cost.
I'm through st george finance and had no prob's smile finance will usually have much better interest rates smile

We have a Hyundai Ix35 and i love it, great on fuel and not that large as its a 4wd, but a girly one as my DH tell me..
We went with there finance and its a 9.10% rate so not that big at all most loans are this rate
Happy car shopping smile...
We have a toyota corolla (03 model) and a turbo diesel landcruiser (92) and we LOVE them both!! So reliable!
The landcruiser is mum and dad's old one, so we know it's been well looked after and our mechanic thinks it's the best thing on four wheels smile so that's our family car.

The corolla is so zippy and handy and I love it! smile lol but.... it will only fit in 2 car seats and it's hard to squish in the 3wheeler pram... our old 4 wheeler was fine tho (but that was on kid #1, so only 1 car seat too).
And it doesn't have a jack thingy so I can plug in my iphone... but that's the only bad things!! lol
But it's awesome to get me to and from work, and is really efficient with fuel.

We traded in my holden commodore for a toyota altise and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! It's a 2006. Power windows, buttons on the steering wheel for the radio/cd player blah blah blah but what I love most is the boot is huge! In the commodore once a pram or DHs cricket bag was in there nothing else would fit. With the altise I can fit a pram, the cricket bag AND the shopping! LOL! It's a 4 cylinder which is what we were looking for so MUCH cheaper on the fuel than the commodore. I was filling the commodore once a week or a bit longer but this one can go much further. It's so light to drive compared to the commodore! The first time I drove it I nearly drove into a wall coming out of coles because I was used to giving it everything I had to turn in the commodore. Whoops! DH was with me and hasn't let me live it down. It's an awesome car and I love it. Toyota's are great smile Even though it's smaller in length (not by much) than the commodore there's more room inside somehow!

The only downside with it is the steering wheel locks. I think i've worked out that if I park with the steering wheel turned instead of straight it locks it. I can't turn the key to start it again. I have to really push the key (so much I think i'll break it), then it clicks past where it's stuck and the car starts. If I park and have the steering wheel straight (which I usually do) then it's fine.

my MIL and FIL have a camry and love it as well. I think DH has said they've only ever had toyota's.
Good luck! I'm a sook so I cried as I drove away and saw my old faithful sitting in the car yard sad

Same here, ours is 2004 model

The only downside with it is the steering wheel locks. I think i've worked out that if I park with the steering wheel turned instead of straight it locks it. I can't turn the key to start it again. I have to really push the key (so much I think i'll break it), then it clicks past where it's stuck and the car starts. If I park and have the steering wheel straight (which I usually do) then it's fine.

It's supposed to do that smile It's an inbuilt steering wheel lock (instead of those big old bars you used to get, remember those?) If you turn the steering wheel after you take the key out, it should lock it so you then need the key to unlock. Also does set itself automatically if the wheel is turned too far when you turn car off. If the steering wheel is straight it won't do it. If the steering is locked when you get in, wriggle the steering wheel as you turn the key and you won't have to force the key so much.

OP: I have had a Toyota, but it was an Aurion, not a Corolla. For what it's worth, I loved that car, when I have the money to buy amnother I will be looking at a Corolla myself smile I have always been a Toyota girl.

DP works at toyota he is a mechanic. We have a toyota ourselves. I feel that they are the best best cars. Although there are a few around that my dp would scream if he has to work on one lol..
We have two toyota corolla's, one a hatch and one a wagon. LOVE them.
Reliable, easy to drive, easy to get parts for etc etc etc.
Its a pity they dont make the wagon any more because I would like to get a new wagon soonish.

His Royal Highness, Prince William

We are now an all Toyota family. We traded up to a Prado from the Kluger and also traded DH's Mazda ute. We got DH a Toyota Seca to go to and from work. Love driving them both. Grandma has a Seca and has had it since new so that it about 14ish yrs ago and she has never had any problems with it. toyota have a great name with reliability and service.

Sign in to follow this topic