Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Water, cordial, fizzy, juice, milk......

Water, cordial, fizzy, juice, milk...... Lock Rss

Water mainly. Occasionally I will buy juice or cordial and let DS have a cup with lunch or dinner, VERY watered down though, like 80% water, he still thinks hes getting a treat laugh

He has fizzy very very rarely, i gave him a tiny tiny drink of coke awhile back and it made him SO hyperactive, so now if he sees me drinking it(I don't buy it often) I just tell him its an adults drink and hes not allowed any and he understands that.

He also drinks 1-2 cups of milk a day most days
Water is on offer all day. Water with a splash of juice for afternoon tea. Lemonade once a week on junk food night. Cup of milk for breakfast and before bed.

NEVER coke, energy drinks etc.

Fiona.
Mine have what ever they like usually..... the rule is if you find it in the fridge you can drink it..... if its not there its water or milk

I buy one bottle of lemonade/ice cream soda a week...... by the time everyone has a glass its gone... I'm not a believer in no fizz or no juice or no cordial etc... I don't want my kids to be the last one standing at the food table at a birthday party.....

we used to water the lemonade down for the 3 year old.. but don't now..
if we are going out for tea they get lemonade and once they have had it its water......

we also have juice in the cupboard as well...

and we have cans of coke hidden... for mummy and daddy lol

but they also have water bottle and generally drink water but just like us sometimes they want a drink of something else.
ds is a real pain to get to drink water sad i try to make it so he only has juice with meals and water in between. he loves ice in his drinks too so the juice is always really watery buy the time i water it down and the ice melts into it lol.

dd will drink water or watered down juice.

neither of them are real big milk drinkers, ds used to be but if he drinks too much cows milk he gets yucky poohs so i dont offer it and they dont ask. they usually have cereal with milk or very milky tea and toast for breakfast, and cheese and yogurt throughout the day so enough for their calcium.

i dont like fizzy drinks so they hardly ever ask for it. dp drinks a lot of coke but they know theyre not allowed to have it. its daddys drink. they have both tried some of those waterfords mineral water with the fruit juice but they werent very impressed lol

i have tried them on 4 differnt flavours of cordial and they dont like any yet. ds was excited to try the green one cos "its his favourite colour ever" but he didnt like it at all and cried and told me he "was sad cos he wanted it to be yummy" lol poor fella.

Bub only drinks water or milk. Will not touch juice. Cordial i don't even own any.
I tried to get him to have a taste of juice and he didn't like it and gave me his cup back.

I am going to sound like the bad parent here, but my kids drink water,milk juice, cordial and fizzy. They have 1 glass of fizzy each weekend when we have takeaway and they are aloud lemonade, coke, creaming soda or orange fizzy. I don't think its a bad thing as long as they have plenty of water as well.
ds is 3 and has milk in the morning and at night and can have a fruit juice at lunch time. all the rest of the day is water.

dd is 19 months and has milk in the morning and at night and only water for the rest of the day.

i dont let them have fizzy drinks yet. we try cordial every now and then but they havent really taken to it.
My kids mainly only drink water, my 2 year old drinks milk, my 4 year old will have the occasional glass of milk.

Neither is interested in other drinks, if we are at a party and they wanted to try something else it I'd let them but we dont buy juice, cordial or soft drink so they dont get it at home.
just water amd milk.

I am going to sound like the bad parent here, but my kids drink water,milk juice, cordial and fizzy. They have 1 glass of fizzy each weekend when we have takeaway and they are aloud lemonade, coke, creaming soda or orange fizzy. I don't think its a bad thing as long as they have plenty of water as well.

yip you can't be too over the top.....

we don't let them have coke but we do the same....... nothin worse than the kid at the bbq who's not allowed a glass of lemonade or juice]
Youngest only likes milk & water.

The others mainly have water. One juice a day with brekky. And can have a cordial if they want but mainly choose water.
Theyre allowed fizzy when its a special occasion. The eldest is allowed it more now hes older but still maybe once a week we just dont buy it unless its an occasion.
nothin worse than the kid at the bbq who's not allowed a glass of lemonade or juice]

Seriously??

Why is that bad?

My children only have milk or water. No F'ing way will they get all that sugar loaded crap til they can buy it themselves. Sorry but i think its selfish and dumb to pump your kids full of that crap. There is no nutritional value in fizzy/cordial or juice so why???

Apologies for my replies, hope they make sense. I am usually typing one handed or interrupted halfway through wink

Sign in to follow this topic