Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Water, cordial, fizzy, juice, milk......

Water, cordial, fizzy, juice, milk...... Lock Rss

Is the little girl sad? Does she want to fizzy drink?
If she does want the drink and they don't let her have a sip then I can understand what you mean.
What I'm saying is, DS doesn't like fizzy drink so I don't want anyone to think he is missing out.

And no-one is a bad mum for giving their kids what they think is right for them.
Every family is different.

Seriously??

Why is that bad?

My children only have milk or water. No F'ing way will they get all that sugar loaded crap til they can buy it themselves. Sorry but i think its selfish and dumb to pump your kids full of that crap. There is no nutritional value in fizzy/cordial or juice so why???

So is your child aloud lollies at the party? or do you cut out all the fun of going to a party, make your child eat apple slices and water while all the other kids are having fun.

Yeah she wants it, but her mum just wont let her. We went to a bbq down the beach one night and her mum didnt bring her a drink so she had to drink out of a tap there, i offered some of my dd's juice but she wasnt allowed.

Then I can understand what you mean definately. It's like waving a chocolate in fron of them saying they can't have any!!

And no-one is a bad mum for giving their kids what they think is right for them.
Every family is different.

Yeah i know, what annoys me about it is that the little girl is only allowed water but her parents drink nothing but fizzy....
its sad to see her miss out......

see thats the thing she IS NOT missing out. we have this whole stigma around sweet food. that its not bad for you in moderation but its addictive...And giving a small child something-anything- with copious amounts of sugar in it is unfair on the child...you are setting them up for a life of sugar addiction...
I think if from a young age children are guided appropriately and are taught what sugar does to their bodies they will choose for themselves what feels best for their bodies...

Apologies for my replies, hope they make sense. I am usually typing one handed or interrupted halfway through wink

So is your child aloud lollies at the party? or do you cut out all the fun of going to a party, make your child eat apple slices and water while all the other kids are having fun.

so you think the fun of going to the party is eating- from where im sitting the fun of a party is playing with their friends...TBH if the fun of the party is eating thats kinda sad....
No i dont not allow her to try the party food but i do explain how it might make her feel and i do provide some sugar free options for all the kids to share together...

Apologies for my replies, hope they make sense. I am usually typing one handed or interrupted halfway through wink

see thats the thing she IS NOT missing out. we have this whole stigma around sweet food. that its not bad for you in moderation but its addictive...And giving a small child something-anything- with copious amounts of sugar in it is unfair on the child...you are setting them up for a life of sugar addiction...
I think if from a young age children are guided appropriately and are taught what sugar does to their bodies they will choose for themselves what feels best for their bodies...

I really bet you will find that when you child is older enough to go to a party without mummy, they will the child going home sick cause they have eaten to many lollies. My kids are fine when we go to parties, they have a few and thats it.

Seriously??

Why is that bad?

My children only have milk or water. No F'ing way will they get all that sugar loaded crap til they can buy it themselves. Sorry but i think its selfish and dumb to pump your kids full of that crap. There is no nutritional value in fizzy/cordial or juice so why???

Excuse me I am neither Dumb or Stupied,
i'm not talking two year olds i am talking like 8 year olds,,, yes newsflash there is no nutritinal value i know that but sometimes you have to live a little....

and I'm, not talking about coke, but a glass of juice or lemonade is not goin to hurt them unless they have medical conditions like diabeties....

Actually I don't think I am AS you called Me SELFISH AND DUMB but really, my kids are well adjusted children, just because i think its ok to give them a glass of juice and lemonade doesn't make me DUMB it actually makes me an ajusted parent who is not obsessed with all my children drinking habits.

they eat fruit, they eat veg, they eat a balanced diet, but I don't feel the need to control them, My son who has a serious illness was actually given COKE by the doctor and pamol because of migranes of the stomach.

Yeah i know, what annoys me about it is that the little girl is only allowed water but her parents drink nothing but fizzy....

Pot calling the kettle really, classic example smile

geez louise. everything in moderation blah blah blah. giving your child a glass of coke is not paving the way for a sugar addiction in the future.

geez some kids are going to have it great when they are older. they wont be responsible for any of their own actions, they can just blame their parents for all their woes.
DS1 only has water he dislikes juice,cordial and milk but if we are out he has fizzy drinks.DD has it all water, juice,milk and fizzy.DS2 has water and juice.DS3 has only formula.
DS drinks water mostly. Hates milk we have never been able to get him to drink it. He has a juice when we have takeaway and if DH or I are having lemonade at dinner time he gets a 'glass' (1 inch in bottom of cup!) Coke is a huge no-no in this house. He's never tasted it. He also has never had energy or sport drinks and wont be having them in the foreseeable future!

Sign in to follow this topic