Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Vent about MIL Rss

My mother in law is a dead set cow! My wedding is in June to DF and she is telling him on the phone today to make sure it's what he wants maybe he should reconsidered etc etc we've been together for 3 years and have DD together and we've been engaged for 18mths I'd think she would have gotten the idea we're happy and going to get married. She lives NSW South Coast and we live on the Gold Coast she is by herself works etc and chucks the shits that we can't go down there all the time. DF is a teacher just graduated so only doing casual work atm and I have just gone back from maternity leave and I'm only casual as well so we don't have the money to drop everything and go down willy nilly like she expects..we can't just take time off as we please because we won't get paid. Yet she has only come up once since DD was born If we go we have to drive so as to have all of the babies things etc she lives next to an airport and we can pick her up from GC airport flights are like what $49 on a bad day I'm pretty sure it is alot easier for her to come to us then us to come to her. Yet she insists on rambling on to DF how I am doing everything in my power to keep DD away from her...nothing is stopping her from coming up here whenever she wants nothing!! Grr she is destrying our relationship with each other and my relationship with DF...If she succeeds in that then she will know what it feels like to have DD kept away from her!!!!!!

My mother in law is a dead set cow! My wedding is in June to DF and she is telling him on the phone today to make sure it's what he wants maybe he should reconsidered etc etc we've been together for 3 years and have DD together and we've been engaged for 18mths I'd think she would have gotten the idea we're happy and going to get married. She lives NSW South Coast and we live on the Gold Coast she is by herself works etc and chucks the shits that we can't go down there all the time. DF is a teacher just graduated so only doing casual work atm and I have just gone back from maternity leave and I'm only casual as well so we don't have the money to drop everything and go down willy nilly like she expects..we can't just take time off as we please because we won't get paid. Yet she has only come up once since DD was born If we go we have to drive so as to have all of the babies things etc she lives next to an airport and we can pick her up from GC airport flights are like what $49 on a bad day I'm pretty sure it is alot easier for her to come to us then us to come to her. Yet she insists on rambling on to DF how I am doing everything in my power to keep DD away from her...nothing is stopping her from coming up here whenever she wants nothing!! Grr she is destrying our relationship with each other and my relationship with DF...If she succeeds in that then she will know what it feels like to have DD kept away from her!!!!!!

Oh MIL's suck! haha! Dont let her ruin your relationship...then she'll be getting what she wants by the sounds of it!! I have MIL issues too...which I really need to get over I think lol but its just hard when they are so annoying!!!
send her a plane ticket for mothers day or birthday or send it in a card signed by your daughter.....

get your hubby to tell her that he loves you and his baby and wants to get married...
Good idea subzero! smile
The only time she has been up was our shout for mothers day last year haha She'll get over it as will I, I'm sure once we're married she'll realise I'm not going anywhere..maybe?

The only time she has been up was our shout for mothers day last year haha She'll get over it as will I, I'm sure once we're married she'll realise I'm not going anywhere..maybe?

no they never get the idea your there for good tongue

i''''m baking a baby

My MIL is exactley the same,has been to perth once! but arent we lucky they dont live around the corner tongue
We'd been together 6 yrs when we got married and it ended up that not one member of DH's family attended due to the fact we said no children at the reception (he has 1 niece, i have 8 nieces and nephews). So we got married and have our beautiful family and it wasnt until i was 6 months pregnant that MIL decided to get over herself and make contact. Fast forward 3.5 yrs and we are ok and she adores DD! Although we make the effort to see her and she lives and works 15 mins away! =S
My MIL lives with us but after 3 years and alot of tears and stress(me) she will be moving out very soon.
We were fine for the first year then after bub came along she maded me feel like a loser of a mum. I use to ring up my mum on a daily and cry asking her if i was a good mum or not. One day my mum told me to tell hubby cause he knew something was up. I told him and he said that i was bub mum and i know what best for him. He even told his mother that she not bub mum that my wife is and leave her alone.
The final straw for me was her saying that i'm not family and hubby told her to say sorry and i'm still waiting on it. I play nice to her but i don't believe her anymore. Hubby and i have caught her in many lies.

Your DF needs to put his mother in her place.
Does he know how you feel about everything?

Come on here anytime, trust me everyone here will give you great advice sometimes it may be harsh but they are telling you the truth .

My MIL is exactley the same,has been to perth once! but arent we lucky they dont live around the corner tongue

haha so true! thank gosh it isn't only a short drive or something.

my little blessing- that is awefull! I could not handle her living her I would go insane you've done well having her there so long! DF knows she is horrible to me he has seen her but she is so manipulative it's always my fault and there is only so much I can say to him 'cause she is still his mum I just wish she wasn't a bitch my family is so nice to him and every other person in his family adores me except her makes me mad, but a little bit happy she has no one to make stuff up about me to 'cause all of his family knows she just lies all the time.
My family treat hubby like family. They call him their other son.
So it is hard when i tried so many times to get along with his mother and she just gives me a hard time.
When she moves out i know we will be able to relax and she knows she will not be moving back in. Hubby had to put his foot down and he being given a hard time from both his parents and his brother.
Really hope for your sake that your DF stands up for his family which is you and your dd.

Im glad Im not the only one that is having MIL drama's.I feel like she is about to ruin our rship aswell,but I wont have it and will not let her win.I have spoken to my DF and he is finally starting to understand and support me.
Why are they so bitchy and everything is always the girlfriends fight?
I get nasty emails saying how selfish I am and that it is my fault my MIL has mental issues,I feel like telling her how I feel but I know that would be the start of a family war.GRR
Stay strong and dont let her ruin your rship,show her that you and her son happy!!!
Just keep smiling and dont let her see what she is doing.
Sign in to follow this topic