Huggies Forum

"Backyard" weddings Rss

Me and DF are in the midst of planning our wedding for January next year.

My mum is thinking of having a cocktail type reception (with caterers) in their backyard. They have a pool in the yard but we will be hiring a wood dance floor to cover it.

I was wondering has anyone else done the whole backyard thing, and if so, how did you decorate the yard etc?

Anyone with some pics or tips, i would love you forever smile

TIA

Me and DF are in the midst of planning our wedding for January next year.

My mum is thinking of having a cocktail type reception (with caterers) in their backyard. They have a pool in the yard but we will be hiring a wood dance floor to cover it.

I was wondering has anyone else done the whole backyard thing, and if so, how did you decorate the yard etc?

Anyone with some pics or tips, i would love you forever smile

TIA

df and i went to a backyard wedding a while ago and it was beautiful. they had a huge backyard though but anyway i will try and describe. the had a grassed area with seating and an aisle(sp) down the centre. at the front the had a white backdrop made for the bride and groom to stand before. beautiful garden. the hand catering just nibbles etc while we were waiting for the bride to arrive. behind the backdrop they had a big marque(sp) set up where we had a sit down dinner. at this point the back drop had been taken down and been turned into some beatiful white sail type things. its was actually really nice and i believe it was nicer than some weddings done at formal reception places and it was nice that it was relaxed and everything. we didnt have to go to 2 different places ie one for ceremony and then reception. wish i had a photo for you but i dont sorry. the were very creative and had made plaster boxes and rendered them to hold vases of flowers as well

mum to one goregous boy

if it was night time i would put lights all through the trees etc in the backyard. we went to a chrissy party with lights as decorations. not coloured, just your normal yellowy type lights. it was beautiful.
I love the idea of a backyard reception, there is so much you can do with a little bit of room smile

I would have as above, fairy lights - LOTS of them, Chinese lanterns, beautiful plants etc, tubs filled with ice for wine and drinks.

I think the idea idea of a cocktail style really suits the 'theme' of a backyard wedding too, very relaxed and enjoyable.

Chiffon or white, or even black cotton draped strategically would also look great. Tea light and pillar candles around the wooden deck...

I'll come back if i think of anything else smile

How exciting for you!

hi rockabillymumma congrats on the wedding, we are getting married in 3-5 yrs and we are prob doing by too grin

theese are a few things i was thinking of hope they inspire u

i was thinking of possibly adding decs that we could keep for after wedding like maybe an arch we could grow flowers on or some of thoose lanterns from bunnings and a water featue

i was thinking bout using thoose string pearls to decorate trees with lanterns and candles and possibly a little gazebo deals direct have some lovely cheaper ones as do bunnings,

cant wait to see pics good luck
oh maybe fairy or solar lights too laugh
We had our suprise wedding in our backyard.

We had a raised marquee type thing set up, with a floating floor, which we covered in cream carpet which also ran the length of the isle (down the step and onto the alfresco section where i walked out from, that is where we had the ceremony, and was later the dance floor. We also had another open marquee set up with chairs and a few tables towards the back.

we had over 5000 white led fairy lights strung up thru the backyard, and tea light candles everywhere. The inside both the marquees we draped the roof and the bit where the poles were with white chiffon and wove fairy lights and purple singapore orchids thru it (which was also in my bouquet), and we scattered more of the same flowers/petals over the floor where we had the ceremony, and along the edges of the isle.

I have pics, but none on the laptop, if you want ill upload some tomorrow when i can be bothered to turn on the other computeer- it takes forever to load up!lol

I love the idea of a backyard wedding! We went to a friend's wedding recently & it was a cocktail style garden reception (but you could scale it down to a backyard do). They had an Indian colour theme & had gorgeous big, bright cushions on the grass, tubs of ice & drinks & tea light candles scattered around. It was such a wonderful day!

Have fun with the wedding planning!

Sign in to follow this topic