Huggies Forum

Supermarket Sundaes... Lock Rss

I brought the WW sundaes from the supermarket, they would be different to normal soft serve right?? so therefore safe? They are kept with all other icecream so would be as cold as normal ice cream...

Sorry if this is a really stupid Q!!!

I brought the WW sundaes from the supermarket, they would be different to normal soft serve right?? so therefore safe? They are kept with all other icecream so would be as cold as normal ice cream...

The ice cream is safe but if I remember correctly, they have an artificial sweetener on the 'not so good' list. I think that '94' and '92' are one's to avoid as saccharine passes the placenta. I had Gestational Diabetes with DS and knew I had to look out for that.

I would've thought they'd be alright, being kept at a constant really cold temp. The issue with soft serve is the variable temp and lower temp than a freezer, and also hygeine of the machines.
I just bought bulla sundaes for my son he loves choc mint and its 'real' icecream, there are plenty of flavours

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Thanks for that....

Gabes mama, i didnt know that with the artificial sweetener, I drink it in my coffee of a morning, might switch back to 1/2 a tsp of sugar before I get preg!!
Just some info I found on Artificial Sweeteners in pregnancy.

My link 1

Aust Gov link

Just some info I found on Artificial Sweeteners in pregnancy.

My link 1

Aust Gov link

thanks heaps for those links, it says hermasetas are safe (thats what I have in my coffee) was interesting and I will keep those bookmarked ....
Gabesma I just checked the Sundaes and they don't have those numbers on them....
Pugrat, thanks so much for those links! It's so handy that the Australian site actually lists brands rather than numbers!

ZooKeeper: That's great: I LOVED those WW sundaes when I was on ww's! I'm going to get some!

No worries Ladies. I enjoy a glass or 3 of coke zero a day so it's something I needed to look into because I don't want to have to switch to leaded coke again, I like my premium unleaded. I think the only thing for me will be to reduce the amount to 2 glasses a day max tongue

No worries Ladies. I enjoy a glass or 3 of coke zero a day so it's something I needed to look into because I don't want to have to switch to leaded coke again, I like my premium unleaded. I think the only thing for me will be to reduce the amount to 2 glasses a day max tongue

I was wondering about my coke Zero, as I do normally have one a day...... I have cut coffee back to one in the morning only then a Coke Zero in the arvo.... will have to double check that as well.......

I don't know, but my guess is that they would carry a similar risk. Anything that goes through a soft serve machine would have been "softer" than normal icecream at the manufacturing stage, therefore might not be quite as cold previously?
Not sure...
Sign in to follow this topic