Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Not been one of these for a while...

Not been one of these for a while... Rss

Mum ordered to have her daughter vaccinated

Thoughts?

Please keep it civil and respectful even if you have a different opinion to someone else.

i was not going to comment because i didnt want to get attacked but i will voice my op and hope others respect that and i will respect theres

i personally think every child should be immunised as the chance of them having an adverse reaction is minimal compared to them getting whooping cough ect and we need to keep upto date on immunisation to prevent newborns from contacting theese potentially fatal diseases

yes i am aware that immunisation can affect or kill a small % of children and this is tragic but it is more likely they will get the disease than have a reaction

i would be on the dads side of the fence for this one

what was your op c hippie kiwi??
I am with ri ri

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

My opinion is that courts should have no business making those sorts decisions. Today it is vaccinations, but what next? For me this isn't about whether a child should be vaccinated against one parents wishes or not, this about the right to refuse or consent to ANY medical treatment.

Would you like it if a court ordered your child NOT to be vaccinated or forced you to have a medical termination because you were diagnosed with cancer and needed to start treatment?

I am pro choice, whatever that choice is, and I believe that each INDIVIDUAL family has the right to make the choice that is best for them.

I immunise, I will admit I haven't gone into great depth to research immunisations.

Same here!!!

I dont think it was right for her to be forced as the father wasnt with the mother. If that makes sense.
See I dont see this as the fathers choice but the stupid new stepmum making trouble.lol (using term stupid as this is just going to make child and mother hate her)

MMMM BUT I dont immuise but that was a choice that both my husband and I made together. I dont know if it is the right of one parent to make that choice. I Can't believe they forced her to she wasn't ill and I personally would be contesting the whole thing.

Same here!!!

I dont think it was right for her to be forced as the father wasnt with the mother. If that makes sense.

i think it is a hard one as i dont agree it should have got that far but the dad still has a say and obviously it got to the point where they couldnt civally decide so someone had to step in , none of us can really answer this one , i am assuming the child had no reaction to immunisation as it prob would have been mentioned so i think that this situation may have been resolved in a positive way for all dad happy child is immunised and mum happy child had no reaction

i think it is a hard one as i dont agree it should have got that far but the dad still has a say and obviously it got to the point where they couldnt civally decide so someone had to step in , none of us can really answer this one , i am assuming the child had no reaction to immunisation as it prob would have been mentioned so i think that this situation may have been resolved in a positive way for all dad happy child is immunised and mum happy child had no reaction

but it says in the article that the father initially agreed to the child not being immunised. i agree with 7wildmonkeys - i think the step mum has possible pushed the father into trying to get his child immunised

i think its completly wrong for the court to 'force' the mother into immunising her child (and im all for immunisations)

but it says in the article that the father initially agreed to the child not being immunised. i agree with 7wildmonkeys - i think the step mum has possible pushed the father into trying to get his child immunised

i think its completly wrong for the court to 'force' the mother into immunising her child (and im all for immunisations)

Makes you think you have to get everything in writting with custody obviously.

Makes you think you have to get everything in writting with custody obviously.

possibly also maybe the dad looked into it and wanted to prevent the other children from contracting something

who knows the reason behind his change of mind i guess the main thing is that the child is healthy at the end of the day
TBH I really think that this is not a matter of the 'courts forcing a mother to immunise', but a legal battle like any other with two opposing parties with a different points of view who present different arguments. Both lots of evidence and sides are heard and a legal decision is made. I think because of the subject matter it will get publicity. But like any legal decision made, some people are going to agree and other dont. I don't see it as debate about immunisation at all....

would make it a bit hard for the new step mum to treat all the children/future children equaly if one hasnt been immunised and the others have.

Sign in to follow this topic