Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

What would you do? Lock Rss

This morning, i went to coles and bought a few things. It came to around 17 dollars. I gave her a 20 dollar note and she gave me change as if i gave her a 50. I told her and gave it back. But i must be honest and say in the past at different places i have kept money wrongly given. Who will own up to doing this.. Ha And whats your thinking on the issue?

This morning, i went to coles and bought a few things. It came to around 17 dollars. I gave her a 20 dollar note and she gave me change as if i gave her a 50. I told her and gave it back. But i must be honest and say in the past at different places i have kept money wrongly given. Who will own up to doing this.. Ha And whats your thinking on the issue?

I once paid for something with a $50 was meant to get $10 back . It wasn't til I got home an hour away that I realised she had given me a $100 note. I was so tempted to keep it.LMAO but being me I rang and they were so thankful. I drove back the next day and gave it to them they gave me change and a free product.

I once paid for something with a $50 was meant to get $10 back . It wasn't til I got home an hour away that I realised she had given me a $100 note. I was so tempted to keep it.LMAO but being me I rang and they were so thankful. I drove back the next day and gave it to them they gave me change and a free product.

Good on you. not everyone would do that. I felt better giving the money back cause i thought the poor girls till would be out and she would get in trouble. I was tempted to keep it also.
i always give it back. i make my dh sick with all the money i give back all the time.

i received an extra $200 from my atm. gave it back. always give back overchanged money.

last month i found money in the service station just by the sliding doors and gave it back to the store person. dh said they would have just pocketed it cos it would have been a customers $'s not theirs. he was probably right on that one.

last year i noticed i had an extra $50 in my purse(we are budgeters so i know hat should be in my purse) and rang my child care to see if they were short $50 in the previous days till. yep she was and yep i gave it back.

and when i say stuff like 'oh god, i wish we had more money' dh says god keeps giving you extra money but you keep giving it back.
I'd give it back.

I was a checkout chick in my younger day, and gave the checkout next to me $50, and forgot to record it on my till, My drawer was $50 short, her till was $50 over, and I was basically accused of stealing the money. The girl I was working with came forward and told the bosses that she had borrowed the money - and our drawers were otherwise balanced. I still got a written warning for it though.

If the cash drawer is short - bosses often think the worst, and have been known to blame the checkout operator for stealing that cash.
I always give it back.
While paying the balance on everything for our wedding the florist told me the balance was $500 less then it really was and I corrected her. She was so thankful. When the flowers turned up on the day we had a few freebies and she had gone the extra mile to make everything perfect.

Julia (14yrs), Cooper (6yrs) & Amarlia (14 months)

I don't often get much in my favour, but I usually give it back, unless I genuinely don't notice. I never get more than a few dollars in my favour though lol.

Although, about 4 years ago I went several times to a Kmart in the shopping centre near us, and for some reason kept getting the same guy at the check out. I wasn't buying much, and I would give him a $20 note (or even a $10 I think once) each time, and he would, without fail, give me change for a $50. The first few times I corrected him and gave him the money back, but after that I thought if you're that stupid to continuously get it that wrong, I'll keep it. I think that was only once or twice, but if he was doing it to me, goodness knows how many other people he was doing it to? I don't understand how he satyed on a register so long anyway, his till must have been out buy a lot each time and no doubt he would have had to make it up!!
This happened to DH the other day. He was given too much change & went back in & handed it to them. was only 2 or 3 dollars, but not the point.

Some employers take any shortfalls out of the pay packets of the employees, which is unfair, but they still do it.

Finding $20 in the street is one thing, could have come from anywhere, but knowingly keeping the money, when you have just been at the store & know where it came from, is theft really.

Amamzing what you learn in retail! grin
Ok now i feel like a big schmuck!! Surely i am not the only one who has kept change before. might go and give myself an upercut!
I'm always on the other side of this situation. Shortchanged. I hate having to arguee that "I gave you a $50, you gave the change as if I had given you a $20". I'm a very honest person and I can't stand to be made to feel liike I'm trying to get one over the shop staff.
DF and I stayed in a Motel in Launceston and when I went in and got the room, I paid for it in cash. She asked for my credit card details as standard practice to charge it for the mini bar etc. Fine. I was told I would get my reciept when we checked out, and that it would include any extra charges had we incurred any. Fine.
The next morning we check out. My card is charged the full amount for the room. Not fine. She would not acknowledge that I had already paid her cash the day before. I asked her to show me security footage of our transaction, she told me there were no cameras on the desk. I asked to speak to her boss, he wasn't there. I asked her to look through the transactions she processed the day before, she said the tills all balanced and everything was in order. She then told me that I must've misplaced the money, I told her I don't just 'misplace' over $200. She told me that my partner must've spent it and not told me, I told her she must be joking.
I left. Wrote to the company a few times, got ignored.
Of course I would keep it....and so would 99% of others.

I'm usually half-asleep in the morning when I go to the shops and never check my change (DH always tells me to check). Not my fault if I'm served by teenagers who are too busy giggling and mucking around. Sorry, that's my honest answer.
I dont often experience being given more change than needed but once we made a withdrawal from a bank account $5000 to repay a relative that had loaned us money till some funds we were expecting cleared anyway the chick at the counter counted it for my DH he wasnt really paying attention anyway we leave and head a few suburbs away to give the money to the relo and Im counting it in the car just to be sure (Im pedantic like that lol) only to find she had counted $100 as $50s and had actually given us $10000 so we immediatly turn around and head back we were about 5mins out from returning to the bank when we got a phone call form the bank we said yeah we realised the mistake we are heading back now...well they were as rude as all buggar and tried to make out that it was our fault not thiers. When we returned it we requested a reciept to say we had infact returned the money and my gosh they didnt want to do it. We saved thier butts and jobs by aknowledging thier mistake yet we were treated like criminals for it. So wasnt cool.

Cheers Ness

Sign in to follow this topic