Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Food Voucher Help Please Lock Rss

Can anyone tell me please where to get Food vouchers from. Does centrelink help with them or somewhere else?
Ring the Salvation Army, or St Vincent De Paul for your area and they will put you in touch with the right place. Both of these do food vouchers and food parcels, they may give you a specific number to ring within their organisation
Good Luck

Ring the Salvation Army, or St Vincent De Paul for your area and they will put you in touch with the right place. Both of these do food vouchers and food parcels, they may give you a specific number to ring within their organisation
Good Luck

Thankyou very much.
yw
Yeah the salvos are good- they usually give a woolworths gift card, excludes cigerettes and alcohol. Check your phone book for the number, you will have to organise an appointment.
We went to them about a year ago when we were in a pickle they were great smile

I have been to salvos when I lived in Liverpool , over a year ago so things do change, but they gave me a special voucher with a piece of paper telling me what I could and couldnt buy.
Was VERY strict, of course no smokes lol but no ice creams, no chips, or kiddie school stuff, no fancy cereal!
Sometimes they give you a plastic bag full of food or a box will be delivered to your house, with mostly home brand tins in it, like a loaf of bread, tin of crushed tomatoes, tin of peeled potatoes, and chick peas... So to a boring picky eater like myself I was shocked lol I didnt even know what half the stuff was!
But let us know how you go! grin Goodluck!
Your local centerline office should be able to give u a list of places that offer assistance in your area

I have been to salvos when I lived in Liverpool , over a year ago so things do change, but they gave me a special voucher with a piece of paper telling me what I could and couldnt buy.
Was VERY strict, of course no smokes lol but no ice creams, no chips, or kiddie school stuff, no fancy cereal!
Sometimes they give you a plastic bag full of food or a box will be delivered to your house, with mostly home brand tins in it, like a loaf of bread, tin of crushed tomatoes, tin of peeled potatoes, and chick peas... So to a boring picky eater like myself I was shocked lol I didnt even know what half the stuff was!
But let us know how you go! grin Goodluck!

When you cant afford to buy food, you cant afford to be fussy aye.
I hope you are ok sweety...........we went through a really tough time and needed help a few years ago and it was sooooooooooooo hard........If you want a friend who understands....I am here :0)

If you ring the salvos they will put you in touch with whoever helps you in your area XOXOX
As the old saying goes "Beggars cant be choosers!"
Hope you found somewhere to help you!
Even if you do get a 'mystery box' lol tongue
Im sure everyone on here will be happy to help with recipe ideas! cool
Thanks everyone that replyed. I went to centrelink and they gave me a copy of my income statement and a list of places. Went to the salvos and made an appointment. Went there this morning and got a voucher as well as a box of stuff. What great people the salvos are. I had to wait till this morning as they only do it on tuesdays with an appointment. I hope i dont have to use it again, but they are wonderful caring people. Thanks guys.
Sign in to follow this topic