Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Price of bananas Lock Rss

The only thing my son would eat without a doubt is bananas, he has dinner at 6, then about 2-3 bananas before bedtime. They keep him full until morning.
A few weeks ago they were $11/per kilo and as green as anything, so I didn't buy any. That night he asked me for some and I felt bad, so the next day I bought some and had to wait a few days for them to ripen. Since then I have spent about $60 on just bananas, aroung $30 a week!! About 6-7 bananas make up 1kg, and he eats that in 2-3 days! Plus I have to get them a week in advance because they are so green. I won't take this away from him because they are healthy and he loves them smile

Anyone else effected by this? Can't wait till the poor farmers grow their trees again. And I wonder if soon we won't have any supply because 90% of Australias banana crops were damaged.

Vaccines: Question what you're told...

yes, my son is the same. Loves his bananas. He is a very fussy eater, but will always eat a banana. Which is great because they are so good for him. At the moment they are $11 a kilo here too and green as anything. That was the price last Monday when i brought some, i wouldn't be suprised if they have gone up even more since. Safeway don't seem to sell them anymore around here, but a few fruit and veg shops do. But i will keep buying them too. Just hope supply doesn't run out.

2 yrs

Sign in to follow this topic