Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Withdrawal from bank - how long after can they charge you?

Withdrawal from bank - how long after can they charge you? Lock Rss

Hi There,

We withdrew $1800 cash over the counter at the bank on Saturday and it still hasn't come out of our account.

Does anyone know how long after withdrawing money the bank can charge you???

Thanks.
are you referring to the fee or the actual $1800 hasn't been deducted?

not sure if different banks work different ways, but the amount you withdraw should be deducted straight away, the fees are usually raised on the first working day of the next month (for the previous month).

if the $1800 hasn't come off your balance yet i would ring them and ask in case the teller made a mistake and debited another account instead.

that actually happened at the branch i worked at. thankfully both parties were very understanding!

Hi There,

We withdrew $1800 cash over the counter at the bank on Saturday and it still hasn't come out of our account.

Does anyone know how long after withdrawing money the bank can charge you???

Thanks.

I work at a bank....and the withdrawl over the counter is instant but may not show on internet banking instantly...in some cases.

i would definately call your bank!! did they use your card for the withdrawal or just account number?

If U bank with CBA, and it was a personal account the system is Live-meaning anything you do shows straight away even weekend transactions, the fee is charged on the 1st working day of the following month,
No it isn't the fee I am talking about, it is the actual $1800. We gave them our card, they swiped it, we signed a slip (which we can't remember if it had the $1800 on it or not?) and they gave us the cash.

It is just a tad annoying that we have to constantly make sure we leave that amount there for when they do take it out.

No it isn't the fee I am talking about, it is the actual $1800. We gave them our card, they swiped it, we signed a slip (which we can't remember if it had the $1800 on it or not?) and they gave us the cash.

It is just a tad annoying that we have to constantly make sure we leave that amount there for when they do take it out.

i find it odd that the transaction took place on saturday and still hasn't shown up on the account though. i can understand if it didn't show up on the weekend, but surely it should by the monday? its been over 4 days now. i would give them a call and ask about it just so you know for sure.

do you have another account attached to that card that the teller might have debited by mistake? say if you have your savings on your credit card, they might have debited it from the credit account by mistake?

We have three accounts all tied together and it hasn't come out of any of them? Oh well I guess everyone can make mistakes, even the bank!!
I bank with Commonwealth and i had something similar happen last month and it ended up coming out 11 days later. Was annoying me that i had to make sure i left the amount in there so i didn't get overdrawn. When it did eventually come out it didn't just say normal transaction but was some head office so when the error was found I guess.
Did an amount of $18.00 come out on the Saturday??

If so did the teller accidentally type in $18.00 instead of $1800.00???

The withdrawal should have shown in your account pretty much instantly considering it's all computerised these days. I'd have a look for an $18.00 amount coming out around the same time that you might not have taken much notice of......she could have made a mistake??

HeartKids show courage, strength & tenacity

I wonder if the system was offline that day and they had to manual tell. Even though it should still be withdrawn by now.

Ring the bank and ask. The teller may be out in her till and stressing just a little bit
Sign in to follow this topic