Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Do you like your name? Lock Rss

It's okay although noone ever spells it right the first time round! It's Lyndy and it always has been. I've been called a lot of things in my life (lmao) but noone has ever shortened it to Lyn (thankfully!)

Ironically about a month after i was born the whole Lindy Chamberlain thing came out (yay for me). Mum was devastated. I actually contemplated calling DD Azaria just for shits n giggles! Poor taste i know...

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds,
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.

i don't like my name, and i hated it even more before i got married because it sounded ridiculous with my maiden name. i used to hate saying my full name because people would always laugh and ask what my parents were thinking! now its just annoying because no one ever pronounces it right when they read it, and when i tell people my name they always get it wrong.

i pronounce my name claa-ra, as opposed to the way an american would say it (clair-a). i hate being called clair-a!

the names people most often use when they misunderstand are kara, tara, mara, fara, kylie (???!!!), lara. there are others but i can't remember!

in case you are wondering, my maiden name was bell. yep, that's right, clarabell the cow. clarabel the train off thomas the tank engine. clara bell the clown. my parents claim they had no idea. duhhhhhhhhh

i don't like my name, and i hated it even more before i got married because it sounded ridiculous with my maiden name. i used to hate saying my full name because people would always laugh and ask what my parents were thinking! now its just annoying because no one ever pronounces it right when they read it, and when i tell people my name they always get it wrong.

i pronounce my name claa-ra, as opposed to the way an american would say it (clair-a). i hate being called clair-a!

the names people most often use when they misunderstand are kara, tara, mara, fara, kylie (???!!!), lara. there are others but i can't remember!

in case you are wondering, my maiden name was bell. yep, that's right, clarabell the cow. clarabel the train off thomas the tank engine. clara bell the clown. my parents claim they had no idea. duhhhhhhhhh

That's pretty funny. Ok not for you. At least you didn't marry into Bell. I have a friend whose married name is Mel Nel and another who is Kylee Wiley. Seriously.

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds,
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.

I love the name Clara, sounds so classy smile But I am sorry to say I did just laugh out loud here....I read somewhere that a dr tried to name his DD Jenna Thalia....that was probably an urban legend but you reminded me lol.

Oh and I agree, it has to be Claa-ra, never Clair-a!
Aww Clara is a pretty name smile

mine is Brydie. Mum didn't want to spell it the normal way (Bridie) because she thought it looked too much like Birdie.

I've been called Brydz, Birdie, and Fridey (like slang way of Friday) before.

It is quite often misspelt moreso Bridy or Bridey than Bridie, go figure?

I once lived with another Bridie and our housemates girlfriend was Bridey. That was really really weird, 3 of us, 3 different spellings.

Even weirder I'm Brydie Elise. She was Bridie Elizabeth and the roomies girlfriend was Bridey Ella or something starting with E
I hate my name. It's always mispronounced or spelt wrong. I just go by my nickname......and the rest of the alphabet is my surname grin
I'm another Megan.

I'm now Mrs Megan Maree M...gan. I get laughed at when I say my name is Megan M...gan. Don't know what I was thinking when I took on DH's surname LOL

I once lived with another Bridie and our housemates girlfriend was Bridey. That was really really weird, 3 of us, 3 different spellings.

its funny when you have a name that isn't that common to come across so many people at once with your name!

many years ago i was working at a newsagency and another girl called clara started working there. the boss asked her if she had a nickname, so that it would be easier when we were both working on the same day, and she said, sometimes people call me clarabell - she didn't know that was my surname lol my boss and i were in hysterics. in the end we just decided that we would pronounce her name claira and my claa-ra, and she was happy with either pronunciation so it didn't matter lol

I to don't hate or love my name.
It is Kerissa and I have to always spell it or pronounce it for ppl.It used to irritate me but now I am used to it.
I always wanted to be Marissa.My mum chose 2 names Kerissa or Marissa and my dad chose Kerissa,I have never forgiven him.Or the way Mum spelt my name.
Now I have done the same thing to my daughters.Oops tongue
I have only met a few other Kerissas but only know of me that is spelt this way.
i just remembered another funny one i have heard - when i was working i served a customer and her name was victoria, but she preferred to be called vicki. which is fine. but she got married to a guy whose surname was dickie. vicki dickie!!!! and she didn't mind at all! hahaha

i really like my name....no complaints it is Kimberley. Except i have a sister called Kathleen. So poeple sometimes think Kath & Kim lol

Sign in to follow this topic