Huggies Forum

No middle name? Lock Rss

Another post got me thinking (yes, the name one).

My kids don't have middle names, just one first name. DH is orthodox and reckons we don't use them anyway, not even at the christening.

It doesn't bother me at all. I'm just wondering if anyone else has done this?
For me a middle name is just a name to honour someone else. DD's middle name is my middle name, my grandmothers middle name and her grandmothers middle name. I don't use them just because it sounds good..

Another post got me thinking (yes, the name one).

My kids don't have middle names, just one first name. DH is orthodox and reckons we don't use them anyway, not even at the christening.

It doesn't bother me at all. I'm just wondering if anyone else has done this?

My kids don't and we don't have any religion. It was hard enough to come up with one name let alone two that we could both agree on. Now that we have 1 boy and 1 girl I think it would have been nice to use hubby's and my name as their middle name.

Oh and I don't have a middle name either.
I don't have a middle name, mum an dad couldn't agree on a name let alone a middle name so that was it! My ds1 has one middle name ds2 has two
personally you should give a middle name instead of one because for example if thomas smith gets arrested you can go oh thats not my son he is thomas mark smith or whatever...... also makes it less likely for confusion on any records to having someone else with your name etc.....

It has happened....

we do middle names for all reasons especially to escape name confusion....

google your name you will be surprised how many people there are just first and last names.... so imagine that for your child.....
Coming from a different perspective, I don't have a middle name. I always wanted one, especially in primary school when you talk about middle names etc. My mum always tried to tell me that it was special, and that she did it after my grandmother who also didn't have one, and that it was short and simple. I still want one tongue lol
None of my kids have middle names. It took to long to think of their first names.lol As for some people who have their kids with about 4 different middle names that must be confusing. Its a personal thing i suppose but either way, whatever makes you happy.
we are not religous and only had naming days for our boys, but both have middle names after family members.

my best friend has decided not to give her girls middle names as her last name is hyphernated, not through choice, but her DH's last name was hyphernated before they were married. she didn't want to give them an extra name on top of the already long last name.

each to their own for whatever reasons...
All My kids have 2 middle names and they are all after people in mine and Dp life. For DD1 she has my middle names as it is family tradition for eldest girl to have them. DD2 is after both my grandmothers and Dp aunty and DS is after my grandfather and DP uncle.
I dont have a middle name and I ALWAYS wanted one. And now mum wishes she did give us middle names but I guess at the time it was simpler to just stick to one.

I don't have one (nor does brother, mother and grandma) and not fussed about it. One of my friends is glad she does because there is another girl in our city with the same name and birthdate as her (just different middle name!). She has had doctors, hospital, optometrist records etc all mixed up with this other girl as these places just assumed it was same person!

I dont have a middle name as my 1st name is already hyphenated and mum thought that was long enough, my 4 bro's and sis all have middle names tho. DD has a middle name as will this little bean when it arrives. Its a personal choice whether you use one or not.
Sign in to follow this topic