Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Would you have withdrawn 'free money' from faulty ATM's

Would you have withdrawn 'free money' from faulty ATM's Rss

On tuesday I went to the commonwealth atm to get cash out for rent I tryed to get a balance first an said it couldn't help me with that I then thought I musn't had been paid but I tryed again but instead I tryed to withdraw $400 an it gave it to me an gave a me print out of balance being $0.00 I thought that was a bit strange knowing I should have had more money in there..

Net bank was down aswell.

On the Nine msn website it has just out up a poll "Would you have withdrawn 'free money' from the Faulty ATM's?

I'm guessing that I have got 'free' money because it hasn't come out of my account nothing is coming up saying that I had used my card at all!

So did you get the 'FREE' money???
Nothing is free in this world and the bank is definatley not jsut gunna hand out "free" money LOL if you have over drawn your account they will recoup the money and slug you with over drawn fee's
i saw this on the news last night and the way they reported it was that the bank would be recouping all the 'free' money that it spat out.

and if it was me, i would give it back.

i saw this on the news last night and the way they reported it was that the bank would be recouping all the 'free' money that it spat out.

Don't get me wrong I'm more then happy to give the money back if/when they ask for it. Just was woundering how many ppl withdrew money when it was playing up??

I heard this on the news too, its not free - they will be able to track it so best thing would be to give it back.

Nothing is free in this world and the bank is definatley not jsut gunna hand out "free" money LOL if you have over drawn your account they will recoup the money and slug you with over drawn fee's

Exactly, and possibly be charged with fraud too. 2 people have already been charged.

We heard about it last night, and DP wanted to go try it. I said no friggin way! We can't afford to pay back the "free" money it might spit out.

I know that if it were me I would be running into the bank straight away to give the money back, only because I would be too scared of doing anything with the money. I would be freaking out that the bank was gonna come after me for stealing the money even though it was not my fault LOL

Don't get me wrong I'm more then happy to give the money back if/when they ask for it. Just was woundering how many ppl withdrew money when it was playing up??

so if they dont ask for it back you will just keep it then. that is against the law. check out the age website where it has reported on this incident and see what is has to say about acquiring money by fraudulant means.
Just letting you know that they did ask on the news for anyone who got any money to go to the bank and return it and they will sort out your account.
It will eventually come out of your account...it will just take a few days.

It'll be the people that kept going to the atms over and over again that will get in trouble.

I work for a bank and this actually happened at just our branch atm. Two people got 'free' money before the third came in and reported it so we were very lucky and the other two customers just ended up having their accounts debited the funds automatically a few days later.

My Pop actually did a large withdrawal yesterday and had the same thing happen...it still hasnt come out of his account but I made sure to tell him not to spend the money because it will eventually be debited.

And to answer your original question...No I definitely wouldn't.
My DH is away a the moment and yesterday he withdraw $100 from our account. We had more then this in our account but so far this withdrawal hasn't showed on our account balance. I will give them a few more days to sort it out and if our account still isn't correct then I will go into a branch on Friday or Monday to let them know. I am guessing they will figure all of this out soon.

so if they dont ask for it back you will just keep it then. that is against the law. check out the age website where it has reported on this incident and see what is has to say about acquiring money by fraudulant means.

They will more then likely just withdraw it out of my acc like everyones saying... It's not like I've gone out an withdrew a heap of money to go waste an thought it would be fun. I knew nothing about this so called 'free' money as they are calling it till just befor when I posted (TBH I thought it was just my acc no one else's) I hardly ever get time to watch the news an I don't listen to the radio unless I'm in the car. I only just seen the Poll on Nine msn web page an figured this must be what has happened to me.
Sign in to follow this topic