Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

At my wits end....please help Lock Rss

Im at my wits end with DD (20 months) she used to wake up at 7 then go back to bed at 11 for and hour and a half then in bed again at 7 for the night and put herself to sleep. In the last 4 days she has decided that she doesnt need a day sleep and she wont go to sleep till 9pm. And she will only go to sleep if me or dh are in there with her.
What is going on with her??? im so tired from being pregnant and she is really wearing me out during the day and night....any suggestions on what i could do???

Im at my wits end with DD (20 months) she used to wake up at 7 then go back to bed at 11 for and hour and a half then in bed again at 7 for the night and put herself to sleep. In the last 4 days she has decided that she doesnt need a day sleep and she wont go to sleep till 9pm. And she will only go to sleep if me or dh are in there with her.
What is going on with her??? im so tired from being pregnant and she is really wearing me out during the day and night....any suggestions on what i could do???

Hiya

She is testing you, many toddlers think they don't need sleep at this age but they do! DS tested me however I knew he was tired and after a few weeks of on and off day sleeps he continured his naps until 3 and a half.

DD was the same and if she had a nap she would't sleep until late although I found she was just overtired which is why she wasn't going to sleep at night. Kids at that age still need 13 - 14 hours of sleep a night so if you can, try and persist. DD is now 30 months and still has a day sleep of 1.5 to 2 hours and another 12-13 at night.

If you are really exhausted maybe put a movie on for her after lunch and hopefully either she falls asleep or has a short nap.

Good luck, I really feel for you.

Sign in to follow this topic