Anyone had a dental implant? Rss

Tell me everything.

Was it a molar or front tooth?
Cost?
Where you went?
Does it really take 6-12 months?
Did you need a bone graft underneath?
Was it worth it?

I've had a few bottom molars removed and I'm paranoid people might be able to see it when I'm talking.
Appreciate any info.
Thanks.

Tell me everything.

Was it a molar or front tooth?
Cost?
Where you went?
Does it really take 6-12 months?
Did you need a bone graft underneath?
Was it worth it?

I've had a few bottom molars removed and I'm paranoid people might be able to see it when I'm talking.
Appreciate any info.
Thanks.

I've had one, it was a back tooth - second from the back on the top. I had to wait 3 months after the tooth was removed (it had cracked and they couldnt save it) then dentist took xrays to assess bone structure (ie enough bone to support the implant) then put in the titanium screw, had to wait 3-4 months for the bone to grow around that then I had the tooth put on (they put it on and there's a hole in the middle to screw it into the one in your jaw) - you dont see the screw cap and it looks like a normal tooth, completely natural - they match the colour to the rest of your teeth.

The process was long, having to wait months in between having my tooth taken out and then waiting for the bone to graft around the titanium screw, worst bit was having that drilled into my jaw - not pain wise, just gross hearing the drill.

It was $5000 and I got it done in Sydney. Have had it five years now and its all good, so yes worth it in my opinion smile The molar teeth are very important for chewing and if you are missing teeth then your other teeth have to pick up the slack, not to mention cosmetic reasons for wanting it done - even though mine was right at the back you could see it when I smiled... its a big tooth so there was a big gap.
I had my tooth implant from "Jensen, Trevor, DDS" in USA that is completed now. It was molar and it took my dentist 7 to 8 months. It is a very long process and it should be done by an experienced dentist.This is how mine have been done hope you will also get the same. smile
I know this threat is old one, but I've come bumped on the site on dental implants, and thought I'd share it for anyone who might want some dental implants advice. Enjoy; dentalimpantsfriends

eggdonationfriends

I know this thread is the old one, but I've come bumped on the site about cost dental implants in Thailand, and thought I'd share it for anyone who might want some dental implants advice. Enjoy! smile
Sign in to follow this topic