Huggies Forum

A blue bedroom for a girl??? Lock Rss

Hmmmmmm the bedroom this bub will use is blue, very blue, about the shade of the sky at the top of the huggs screen!!!!! I want to paint it, but I hate painting!! and I know it would look great if I did have a boy...... do you think I could get away with big baby stickers??? Hmmm I know I should just suck it up and paint it....
I think a blue bedroom is fine put some pretty butterflies on the wall maybe even just paint some clouds on the wall? You could def make iit work somehow :
We live in a rental, and the room that was ideal to use for our baby was sky blue I would have used it regardless of whether we had a boy or a girl. and i would not have bothered painting it. The other rooms are more girly colors and when we have the next one i intend to move ds to another room which will have girly colors.
you dont have to paint it, just make it like a sky and put decals of butterflies or fairies or flowers or something like that. or even find a wall paper border thats girly but has some blue in it. for a girl i love the colours pink blue and purple together. if it was a pink room for a boy, i would paint it. doulbe standards maybe but thats what i would do!
Girls like blue too!

I would just go for the transfers or wall paper pics for the walls....I am going with winnie the pooh for mine (on a bright green wall, however my walls were new plaster so had to be painted something....DS room is the same colour)
DD1's old bedroom had been sponge painted blue and instead of re painting we decided to just go with it. In the time we lived there we managed to do a beautiful night sky/ sea theme but in a mermaid and stars way not in a boy boaty way and as she got older we changed it to a Pooh Bear theme which was pretty unisex anyway.
i think that blue would be fine for a girl if you just added a few girly things to the room. its kind of a pastelly shade i guess, so you could add pastel pinks, purples etc. butterfly or fairy stickers or something along those lines. ebay or decor.net.au for removable stickers.

I saw an ad the other day though I cant remember what for, and it was 2 little girls playing in their room and it was blue. I thought it looked really gorgeous and didnt look boyish. Im sure you can work around it, it wont take much to make girly smile They have some pretty butterfly stick ons at those red dot stores
hey did you see the pic Meagan put up on FB of her A's room...with all the owls and lady bugs? That would have looked as equally as nice on a blue wall... smile

Have a look at Decorating Heaven on FB...I've gotten a few removable stickers from them and they're great!

https://www.facebook.com/decorheaven?ref=ts
Hi, check out this site for ideas, and look through the pages. They have a fb page too. Very cute!

http://myfriendmatilda.bigcartel.com/category/wall-decals-nursery

hey did you see the pic Meagan put up on FB of her A's room...with all the owls and lady bugs? That would have looked as equally as nice on a blue wall... smile

Have a look at Decorating Heaven on FB...I've gotten a few removable stickers from them and they're great!

https://www.facebook.com/decorheaven?ref=ts

Wow, I just had a look at your link, they're gorgeous! Stick arounds have developed so much since my eldest was a baby, back then it was mostly Winnie The Pooh.

Hmmmmmm the bedroom this bub will use is blue, very blue, about the shade of the sky at the top of the huggs screen!!!!! I want to paint it, but I hate painting!! and I know it would look great if I did have a boy...... do you think I could get away with big baby stickers??? Hmmm I know I should just suck it up and paint it....

Whats the big deal? The baby wont know what the colour is. At least he/she has a warm room with a solid roof aye smile
Sign in to follow this topic