Huggies Forum

Easter Lock Rss

We do an egg hunt for our kids age 2 and 5 and the easter bunny brings them different eggs (little ones, those crate size ones and a big one each) 2 small bunnies, little lindt chickens. That's all, we dont buy them gifts as well.
Mine 3 kids are only getting eggs for a hunt. My dd2 is 3 and she goes crazy on choc so really dont want that much. We are also getting them some craft things for them to do in the holidays.
My goodness some of you go to a lot of effort.... i have to admit that we actually havnt done easter with dd before! This year she has heard bits about it from her friends so we might do a hunt with some very small eggs. Im fairly big on her diet being good so am not real keen for a ton of chocolate being given to her.

I dont even know what day its supposed to be done?! Lol...
Im working on the friday anyway so prehaps we'll do it saturday. I had no idea that people even gave their kids MORE than just some chocolate and maybe a fluffy toy! Geez!

My boys picked out a licensed toy torch with eggs in it and we told them the bunny will bring it to them on sunday might get something else on shoppin day im thinking a book.

every easter sunday we go to nurragingy for a family easter egg hunt everyone brings some eggs and someone takes the kids away then we go and spread them around our area they come bk and go hunting... so they come home with quite a few eggs thats why we dont buy heaps .I dont like giving my kids alot of chocolate or lollies.

This s DDs first easter i really wanted to get her a jemima puddleduck but big w dont have it this year typical..

Mum to 4 kids
Ethan Joel William
Jake Alexander
Emmalee Scarlett
Callum John

Our 2 angels 9wk baby and Ryan Jayden 17wks.

and how old are they???

DD is 3 and she will get one crate of 12 eggs for her hunt and an easter bunny and one of those gift sets with the bowl and cup as the final thing to find in the hunt. That is all she will get from 'the easter bunny'
From me she is getting a licensed dressing gown and 4 licensed pj sets, a pair of slipper boots and 1 or 2 dvds.

I feel a bit stingy giving her things she needs for easter (dressing gown/pjs/slippers) so was curious to know if im doing the 'norm' lol.

Wow!!! That's alot of pj's. My kids (and myself and DH), just have the 2 pairs each (per season), which are rotated. I would never buy 4 at once, and I reckon if my kids ended up with 4 as pressies, I would be thinking, 'what a waste'. (Maybe I'm the stingy one???)

We do an easter egg hunt, and the girls each get a book and a dvd. They will get chocolate from other family memebers, so didn't want to load them up too much.

Eve75

With my 2 the Easter Bunny will bring a create of 20 hunting eggs to share and a bag of small solid eggs to share that will be hidden around the house and a humpty dumpty egg each.
DH and my self have bought them a bunny egg each.

I don't believe in giving my kids toys or money for Easter.
My 2 don't often eat Chocolate so I don't mind if on Easter they go crazy eating it, after all its only 1 day a year. It also one of the 2 days of the year that I don't make them eat Breakfast.
Truth be told i wasnt going to do anything with the boys this easter, maybe a small egg each. But we are now going to my aunts for the weekend and I know they will spoil DS1 with some eggs so i wont even buy any!
Ill take the boys to mass with Nan sunday and then go out to my aunts and DS1 can have some eggs & ill try and avoid them giving DS2 (1o months) any yet.

Jack ''08 & Bump ''10

DS is getting small solid eggs for his Easter hunt and a toy story set with bowl, cup, spoon and an egg. I thought the set is a bit babyish but he saw it in the shop and asked me to ring up the easter bunny and ask him to bring it for him lol, and that's what he really wants. Mums also got him a mug with an egg and my nana and dad will no doubt get him some chocolate aswell. I think that's plenty, i don't do presents on easter, for us its all about the chocolate tongue
I'm making my boys bunny rabbits made with felt which can be used as decorations or book makes later on. My two boys are both under 2 so they don't know about chocolate yet, so they don't know what they are are missing out on! smile
my little 6month old is getting books.... "that's not my bunny" & "snuggle bunny" and also a Bunnykins melamine set! she's way to small for eggs and mummy certainly doesn't need them!! =)

I dont even know what day its supposed to be done?! Lol...
Im working on the friday anyway so prehaps we'll do it saturday. I had no idea that people even gave their kids MORE than just some chocolate and maybe a fluffy toy! Geez!

The Easter bunny comes Saturday night -so when you wake up Easter Sunday morning he has been and left chocolate.

We are going away for Easter so I don't want to take to much with us so they will get a couple of little eggs on Sunday but then Nana will put some on there beds before we come home on the Monday.

The Easter bunny comes Saturday night -so when you wake up Easter Sunday morning he has been and left chocolate.

We are going away for Easter so I don't want to take to much with us so they will get a couple of little eggs on Sunday but then Nana will put some on there beds before we come home on the Monday.

when I was little, the Easter bunny came on Thursday night so they were there on good fri, my parents later explained to me that that way , we had the whole Easter holiday to eat our chocolate. I will be doing it this way for my children too.

my children are 2 1/2 and 1 1/2,
a medium sized rabbit each, my dd has 3 tiny little eggs that are put to look like a bunch of flowers, my ds has an extra little bunny, plus 6 hollow smallish eggs, that i will half between them,small hunting Easter eggs, and i also got them a big talking toy story toy each.

plus, i know grandparents will give them some too....... i plan on eating most of the above wink
Sign in to follow this topic