Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. question for mums with twins/multiples..

question for mums with twins/multiples.. Lock Rss

hi,
im writing this for a friend who is 9 weeks pregnant, she is going for a scan today, she has twins on both sides hers and her dh, and she is a twin herself, she asked the doctor if she would know if its twins at the scan but he said it would proberly be too early, but another friend found out it was twins when she was 7 weeks, so her question is, when did u find out it was twins or multiples? and did one scan say it was one but later found out it was more??thanks
I had my first scan at 5 weeks -and they couldn't even tell me that I was pregnant!!
Then I had my next scan at 20 weeks and straight away we could see two shapes on the screen -we both were thinking twins just before the lady said "are there twins on your side of the family?" -well this was a big shock -as it wasn't till I went back to my nana and asked that we found out that twins had skipped 5 generations.

hi,
im writing this for a friend who is 9 weeks pregnant, she is going for a scan today, she has twins on both sides hers and her dh, and she is a twin herself, she asked the doctor if she would know if its twins at the scan but he said it would proberly be too early, but another friend found out it was twins when she was 7 weeks, so her question is, when did u find out it was twins or multiples? and did one scan say it was one but later found out it was more??thanks

We found out i was preg at 5 wks... had a scan soon after and their was 2 sacs. They told us it may be twins but just dont get too excited as we cant tell if there was a bub in the 2nd sac....
I ended up with a set of fraternal twins :0)
[center]I was 6 weeks with all 3 sets of my twins when we found out smile[/center]

[center]I was 6 weeks with all 3 sets of my twins when we found out smile[/center]

Holy Crap! Howd you manage 3 sets of twins? Mind if I ask if they were all conceived naturally? Fraternal or identical? Good on you, you deserve mother of the century.
Anyhow in reply to OP, I found out at 10 weeks we were having identical twins and it was very obvious. Plus even though identical twins are not hereditary I had a feeling either I was further along than I thought or that I was having twins as I was so much bigger in those 1st few weeks.
Sign in to follow this topic