Huggies Forum

Leukemia Lock Rss

Has anyone had any experience with Leukemia? My beautiful 7 year old was diagnosed with Leukemia on Thursday and I am so worried. She is in hospital at the moment recieving chemo, her treatment will last for 2 years, I have to be strong for her, but is so hard.
I have no experience with Leukemia, but I just wanted to say Big Hugs to you. My heart goes out to you, your DD and your family. I wish you all the very best for this treatment.

Has anyone had any experience with Leukemia? My beautiful 7 year old was diagnosed with Leukemia on Thursday and I am so worried. She is in hospital at the moment recieving chemo, her treatment will last for 2 years, I have to be strong for her, but is so hard.

Oh honey. I had tears in my eyes reading that. This is one of my worst fears for my children. You poor thing, I can not even imagine how you are feeling.

My nephew had a little girl in his class who had leukemia, but I don't have any first hand experience with it. I really hope that your little girl beats it!!! ???

The only experience I have, is my aunty was diagnosed with it in 2005 - she went to the doc because she hadn't been feeling well for a few weeks. Her doc sent her for blood tests, he got the results back ASAP and the next thing she knew she was in an ambulance off to Melbourne for treatment.
She started chemo straight away, and to make a long story short, 6mths after the diagnosis, she was off chemo, still had many medicines to take but was on the mend - it was a VERY long and scary 6mths! It's been almost 6yrs now, and she's in remission and loving her life!

I'm sure you're girl will be stronger than you could ever imagine a 7yr old to be, and she will get through this horrible time, and come out the other end with a nice big smile on her face!! Great big hugs to you!
I have no experience but sending all of my best wishes to you
Hi i want to give you a big hug and wish you all the best,

I have had two uncle's whom who have had leukemia, Maybe the leukemia foundation can help you and your family. I have included there contact details...

I hope you have a great support network and our thoughts are with your dd ..

kelly & family

Patient services & support
Anthony Steele
T: (07) 3866 4061
M: 0402 991 228
E: asteele@leukaemia.org.au

State offices
Australian Capital Territory
1 Walton Street
Isaacs ACT 2607
T: 02 6286 9954
F: 02 6286 9586

New South Wales
Level 4, 44 Hampden Road
Artarmon NSW 2064
T: 02 9902 2222
F: 02 9902 2244

Northern Territory
Unit 6, Casi House
25 Vanderlin Drive
Wanguri NT 0810
T: 08 8927 5677
F: 08 8927 5744

Queensland
Level 4, Mincom Central
193 Turbot Street
Brisbane Qld 4000
T: 07 3318 4418
F: 07 3318 4444

Queensland volunteer branch network details
Queensland Regional Community Fundraisers

South Australia
Level 1, 24 Crittenden Road
Findon SA 5023
T: 08 8273 3555
F: 08 8273 3518

Tasmania
Level 1, 38 Cromwell Street
Battery Point Tas 7004
T: 03 6223 6177
F: 03 6223 1036
Suite 4, 216 Charles Street
LAUNCESTON TAS 7250

T: 03 6331 5479
F: 03 6331 5459

Victoria
Bell City
Ground Floor 205 Bell Street
PRESTON VIC 3072

Phone: 03 9949 5800
Fax: 03 9863 6958

Western Australia
Level 1, 20-22 Gibberd Road
Balcatta WA 6021

T: 08 6241 1000
F: 08 6241 1070

GBH I am so sorry to hear this your poor little princess, I work on an oncology ward what type of leukaemia is it?

GBH I am so sorry to hear this your poor little princess, I work on an oncology ward what type of leukaemia is it?

I's ALL, so one of the better cancers, I just wish she didn't have to go though the horrible treatment, shes not coping very well at the moment.
Hey hun

Just want to send you, your family & especially your precious daughter hugest hugs.

Be strong around her hun, but you have to have time to cry, scream, deal with your emotions, anger etc in whatever way you need to. Just don't let her see it or how hurt you are by what is happening.

My great aunt died from the illness years ago. The only other connection I have was that I employed a 15 year old. She had leukemia when she was 4 & spent a long time in hospitals having chemo etc. I had no idea until her dad showed me photos & cracked up in tears over what she & the rest of the family had to go through. Luckily, it was diagnosed early & she pulled through. I would never had thought the photos he was showing me, was the same young lady I employed.

Any time you need to let it all out, we are here to listen & support hun.

Tough times for you all. All the best for a positive future for your princess. Big hugs & lots love. xxx
i am so sorry to hear that.

as a pp said, definately contact the leukaemia foundation in your state. we use to do admin for the one here in sa. they are a great support and they will help you out with everything. they are there specifically for this reason. please contact them and get all the help you need from them, this could include lifts to and from hossy and accomodation if you are far away.
Just sending you love, hugs and prayers

xx
We got home from the hospital today, we have to go back twice a week for treatment. It has been so hard, the drugs are making her feel sick. I can't believe the amount of support there is out there for sick children, it's really amazing. Thankyou for your feedback
Sign in to follow this topic